Technics SL-D202 replacement

marb67

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I have had a SL-D202 Technics for about 22 years which I bought from someone who he had found in a charity shop until he later replaced it and sold it to me for about £20. I have no idea of it's pre history only I purchased a replacement stylus for it about 6 years ago. I don't play it that much and there is no plastic lid. I have no idea how to balance it , the speed red light doesn't work either.

Is this worth replacing as I was thinking of spending up to around £200 on a new turntable, hopefully wooden. Or is it worth investing as I have no idea if it is really that good a turntable as it is so old. I run it off a Rotel 930 amp.

Thanks.

marb67 said:
I have had a SL-D202 Technics for about 22 years which I bought from someone who he had found in a charity shop until he later replaced it and sold it to me for about £20. I have no idea of it's pre history only I purchased a replacement stylus for it about 6 years ago. I don't play it that much and there is no plastic lid. I have no idea how to balance it , the speed red light doesn't work either.

Is this worth replacing as I was thinking of spending up to around £200 on a new turntable, hopefully wooden. Or is it worth investing as I have no idea if it is really that good a turntable as it is so old. I run it off a Rotel 930 amp.

Thanks.

To be honest I would not have thought it was worth very much unless in pristine working order. You could look on eBay to see what they have sold for in the past.

TRENDING THREADS