Technics is back!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Wall mounted the sound blows my Pro-jeact away... it's a Technics itch I've been dying to scratch for a few years and so happy I did! Love the look of the thing, the sound, everything about it... I was thinking about going down the upgrade path in time but I'm seriously doubting whether I want to modify the turntable. My only concern is the weight of the thing and whether the wall is strong enough to support it. I would definitely be interested in getting the new model but it would have to be a stripped down, mass produced version, obviously cheaper and sensibly priced when Technics eventually get around to it.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
DougK said:
Series1boy said:
Unfortunately, they'll not come back in full swing when they have to compete with 4 deck wizard:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=om19A7fY_wg

I love my mk 2s but no competition now although to mix on vinyl is more of a challenge to the pioneer cdjs unless you are using them like mr Roger S in the above link...

Sorry Series1boy but that was 58 minutes of kak for me; only watched about 60 seconds of it.... WTF! I'm too old for this kinda stuff man.

ha ha, well I am nearly 50 myself :)

the point is the dj is actually producing his own tracks on 4 decks, vocals on 1, bass on another etc etc..

you can do this on vinyl, on 3 to 4 SL1210s, but it's damm hard.. I prefer vinyl any day, sounds much better to me!

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Panasonic has owned Technics since the 70s. My dad's SU-V5 integrated amp lasted at least 30 years until the volume knob wore out (probably from us kids not turning down the volume before we switched it off).

It's great to see the brand return, but I wish the prices were middle of the road like they were in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Only five years out :)

Agreed, but the suggestion was that Technics existed before Panasonic owned it, whereas in fact both were always sub-brands of Matsushita, before Matsushita decided to reinvent itself and adopt Panasonic as its brand for everything. Then contrarily re-introduced Technics. *unknw*

spiny norman said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

Agreed, but the suggestion was that Technics existed before Panasonic owned it, whereas in fact both were always sub-brands of Matsushita, before Matsushita decided to reinvent itself and adopt Panasonic as its brand for everything. Then contrarily re-introduced Technics. *unknw*

Whatever, whoever ones it, it's still too expensive for a blinged up DJ clone. ;-)

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
spiny norman said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

Whatever, whoever ones it, it's still too expensive for a blinged up DJ clone. ;-)
The "DJ clones" you are referring to are Photoshop often copies of the original SL-1200 decks...
Wonder what decks the BBC use(d)?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

Technics used to be Matsushita's / Panasonic's slightly upscale brand. Remember when they killed off Technics they effectively pulled out of hi-fi in favor of Argos level one-box stereos and plasma TVs.
But whatever...
I still think the "new" Technics is still over-priced.

Benedict_Arnold said:
Al ears said:
spiny norman said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

The "DJ clones" you are referring to are Photoshop often copies of the original SL-1200 decks... Wonder what decks the BBC use(d)?

Old German ones probably. ;-)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
Al ears said:
spiny norman said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

The "DJ clones" you are referring to are Photoshop often copies of the original SL-1200 decks... Wonder what decks the BBC use(d)?

EMT 950s (ask LindsayT he owns one) ...

00p0p_kwHoRXmy3TA_600x450.jpg

http://emt-international.ch/jpa66.php

chebby said:
Al ears said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
Al ears said:
spiny norman said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

Those are the chappies.

chebby said:
Al ears said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
Al ears said:
spiny norman said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

Double post..... something wrong with my tablet it would appear. Sorry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts