Tantalising pictures of the new Devialet Expert model on their website...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Macspur said:
I've got no axe to grind, but thought Devialet owners, or prospective owners might be interested in this:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/devialetMac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

The Expert series is great but I cannot defend their customer service which is the worst I have ever seen.

Can't say I've experienced the same. When I got my 200, the remote was DOA but after a phone call to my dealer, Devialet sent a replacement out to me the same day and I got it the day after (I used the Devialet iPhone App for volume control until I received it).

Then when they updated SAM, I sent them a message to say that it wasn't working properly with my Focals. A couple of days later they emailed me back to say that they had replicated the fault and were working on a fix, which arrived a few days later.....

I'm not saying people aren't having issues, but my experience has, so far, been very positive.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
I guess they're planning to sell a lot of Mojos (Moji?), so the cost can be spread over a substantial run.

I think that one of the WHF reviews of the Hugo, said that it had sold 10,000 units, and at the time was Chords best selling product.

I think the Mojo used a lot of the core code from the Hugo, so did not require a complete rewrite of the code. The last numbers i saw for the Mojo (maybe two or three months ago), were that it had sold nearly 30,000 units, so the R&D cost will now have been well spread.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
expat_mike said:
I think that one of the WHF reviews of the Hugo, said that it had sold 10,000 units, and at the time was Chords best selling product.

I think the Mojo used a lot of the core code from the Hugo, so did not require a complete rewrite of the code. The last numbers i saw for the Mojo (maybe two or three months ago), were that it had sold nearly 30,000 units, so the R&D cost will now have been well spread.

They sound like mighty impressive numbers for an outfit the size of Chord, even though I read one of the launch reports for Mojo where the company was saying it had the potential to sell well into seven figures, which sounded very ambitious.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
expat_mike said:

They sound like mighty impressive numbers for an outfit the size of Chord, even though I read one of the launch reports for Mojo where the company was saying it had the potential to sell well into seven figures, which sounded very ambitious.

People first got their hands on the mojo in mid october, and initially they were flying off dealers shelves, as fast as they could get them in stock - so I can understand why the initial launch reports predicted large sales.

In reality, the sales were approx 30,000 units after approx 6 months, so i could imagine eventual total sales in seven figures. Don't forget that Chord have been promising that there will be add-on modules for the Mojo, which will inevitably help to drive future sales. Like many posters on the forums, I am waiting for the module to appear, that will incorporate SD card slots, and a user screen - but it does seem a never ending wait. Then we will have something that will outperform the AK DAPs, but at a fraction of the price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts