TANNOY REVOLUTION XT 8F or Tannoy Precision 6.2

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok, i can get both of these for £799, but not sure what to go for, my room is not the best shape, and my listening triangle is just over 2mtrs, looking to replace my MA golds GX 100’s as i have damaged the shell, don’t really know the differences is in the speakers other than the price when new, has anyone compared these speakers at all? Any feedback would be great, and i will try and arrange a demo on the wkend, the Precision 6.2 are out of stock right now so might be a choice out of the XT 8F and 6F.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm a fan of the precisions.i had both.the xt8f are two big for your room these can get a bit much if you sit too close to them.the xt6f are good and have a little more refinement but if it was me I'd have the precisions.if your after a standmount I'd listen to the dynaudio emit 20 which I think are better than both speakers you've mentioned.

seemorebtts said:
I'm a fan of the precisions.i had both.the xt8f are two big for your room these can get a bit much if you sit too close to them.the xt6f are good and have a little more refinement but if it was me I'd have the precisions.if your after a standmount I'd listen to the dynaudio emit 20 which I think are better than both speakers you've mentioned.

You are probably right about the XT8's but I would urge caution recommending the M20's when we don't know what his amp is.

Standouts are a good idea in that limited space though.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
seemorebtts said:

You are probably right about the XT8's but I would urge caution recommending the M20's when we don't know what his amp is.

yes sorry forgot.you know me always jumping the gun :)

seemorebtts said:
Al ears said:
seemorebtts said:

yes sorry forgot.you know me always jumping the gun :)

I meant no offense. Your observations are valid.

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
My Amp is a Cambridge 651W (power amp) and i have the 851C as my source, and Dac and Pre Amp, listen to just about everything except heavy metal, i dont play at loud level, much, the GX100's are still 100% working and sounding fine, i might looking to seeing if they could be repaired when i get the chance, just a fair few good offers on at the moment, plus i like the look of the tannoys too, cheers.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Simon Cunvin said:
My Amp is a Cambridge 651W (power amp) and i have the 851C as my source, and Dac and Pre Amp, listen to just about everything except heavy metal, i dont play at loud level, much, the GX100's are still 100% working and sounding fine, i might looking to seeing if they could be repaired when i get the chance, just a fair few good offers on at the moment, plus i like the look of the tannoys too, cheers.
yes the tannoys have a great finish.not saying you should buy them but Vickers hifi and Peter Tyson are selling them for £550 which is very cheap

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts