Question Advise on new system

Rimrodon

May 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi, so I’m considering building a complete new system and was interested in the cxa81 after seeing many good reviews about it. Question is I’m having doubts with the speakers to match the amp. I was originally thinking about the b&w 603´s as they are currently 20% off but Im not sure if they will be enough as my living room is kind of large (about 5x7m). I was also considering the Tannoy revolution xt 6f but could maybe stretch the budget all the way to the Tannoy revolution xt 8f. I could use some advise as I can’t demo any of these conbinations in my local hifi shops, one sells the ca amp but the other shop deals with Tannoy and B&W, bummer!

Gray

Hi, so I’m considering building a complete new system and was interested in the cxa81 after seeing many good reviews about it. Question is I’m having doubts with the speakers to match the amp. I was originally thinking about the b&w 603´s as they are currently 20% off but Im not sure if they will be enough as my living room is kind of large (about 5x7m). I was also considering the Tannoy revolution xt 6f but could maybe stretch the budget all the way to the Tannoy revolution xt 8f. I could use some advise as I can’t demo any of these conbinations in my local hifi shops, one sells the ca amp but the other shop deals with Tannoy and B&W, bummer!
Welcome to the forum.
If you haven't already seen it, this thread may be worth a look for you:

Go to the dealer that has the speakers and audition with an amp as similar as they can provide to the CXA81.
That's a good size room and you have to get speakers that work well in it rather than an amp that will match them.
The thread mention by Gray is for a small room......

Reactions: Gray

Rimrodon

May 13, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.
If you haven't already seen it, this thread may be worth a look for you:
Hi Gray! Yeah I have seen it but just noticed the difference in room size and considered worth it asking for the specific combination of the amp with those two speakers I mentioned, if somebody had demoed them

Gray

Hi Gray! Yeah I have seen it but just noticed the difference in room size and considered worth it asking for the specific combination of the amp with those two speakers I mentioned, if somebody had demoed them
Yes there is a difference in size there. Look at Al's suggestion above, about demoing.
There's a significant difference in speaker sound, making them essential to audition.
We always say to listen in your own home if at all possible - though of course it isn't.
(just take other's descriptions of speaker sound with a pinch of salt - yours are the important ears).

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I would rather spend more money on a better amp if you can afford the 8f.
And it would be safer to demo amps and speakers you can listen to together as there is no guarantee that the Cambridge amp will work well with the tannoys - all of course based on your ears and listening preferences.

TRENDING THREADS