Question Fyne vs Tannoy

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 160668

Isoacoustics feet helps getting the most out of the speakers
EDIT: this hasn't quoted that this comment was related to GAIA III feet

Yes. I own these. However, these are not a fix to speaker issues. I would crudely describe these as, when everything's good these are a "ball tickle" 😀. They are great, noticeable, and worth every penny... But the speakers and setting have to be right to start with. They are not a fix.

Look for a s/hand Arcam A39.
I've owned quite a few amps over the past few years. This one is deeply impressive. They can be picked up for reasonable cash and moved on for no loss if it's not for you. You will need to spend quite a bit more than this to jump in SQ above this, it is that good.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: this hasn't quoted that this comment was related to GAIA III feet

Yes. I own these. However, these are not a fix to speaker issues. I would crudely describe these as, when everything's good these are a "ball tickle" 😀. They are great, noticeable, and worth every penny... But the speakers and setting have to be right to start with. They are not a fix.

I've owned quite a few amps over the past few years. This one is deeply impressive. They can be picked up for reasonable cash and moved on for no loss if it's not for you. You will need to spend quite a bit more than this to jump in SQ above this, it is that good.
I know. Even though my experience is limited to one listen (not even a proper demo). I had half an ear in the direction of the A39 and the other listening to the salesperson rabbiting on.

It certainly sounded the biz to me but I had nothing to directly compare it to - my amp was indoors

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You're limiting yourself in your choice in regards to the cabinet shape - well designed and engineered rectilinear cabinets do an excellent job. In a cabinet with non-parallel walls, standing waves do still build up, with the issue being that they create different paths within the cabinet - much harder to predict and control, and a much wider range of frequencies are affected.

At least with rectilinear cabinets, all standing waves follow the same path, so can be tackled more efficiently as they are in frequency multiples - look for cabinets with off-centre bass ports, that's one technique used to tackle.

Brownrke

Nov 9, 2021
Visit site
Hello Guys, last week I was able to hear the Xt6F. Was really brilliant with the Elex-R. Detailed spacious, even with a suboptimal listening room. I started hearing sounds which never heard before. And it had depth which I was craving for.
But considering that the technology in Fyne F501 is very similar (improved by the same team) I wanna hear that as well.
This week I am planning to listen the Quadral Chromium Style 6.
Keep you posted!

Reactions: nopiano and Al ears

TRENDING THREADS