Taking Pictures Of TV Screens.

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Just been reading and laughing at the posts referencing the calibrations perfomed by a certain calibrator over on AVF. He and others are seriously showing pictures of calibrations of there TV's as examples of how good they look when it's been performed. Now as a bit of a Christmas quiz.............can anyone tell me what is wrong with these statements (pictures)?

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Bigboss is right of course. I can not understand how people can comment on PQ when they are viewing a picture of a TV screen viewed more often than not on a monitor and taken with who knows what equipment? LOL. Yet this is excactly what some of the guys on AVF are doing???

If you search the various OLED threads you will see it's quite common.................

PS

I have reported to mods etc on more than one occasion regarding not being able to link on here but had no reply?

D

Deleted member 2457

So where about on AV Forums is it then? I will link it. Cheers.

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
LG 950V Owners thead post 10233 for only one of many samples. Then you get a guy replying that it is a fantastic calibration from looking at the pictures.
omg_smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-ef950v-owners-and-discussion-thread.1976901/page-342

D

Deleted member 2457

That flat Oled is good, I have demoed 3 times now and each time I wanted it.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I don't see the beef some people have with this, if you want to take a pic of your TV nothing wrong with that.

People make other all sorts of wild claims on forums and it's up to the individual to listen or not - this is no different

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
I don't see the beef some people have with this, if you want to take a pic of your TV nothing wrong with that.

People make other all sorts of wild claims on forums and it's up to the individual to listen or not - this is no different
Agreed. You could see that mine wasn't calibrated. And that the whites are strong which they are.

I think you can see a lot. Although I don't think mine gets the credit it deserves. *smile*

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Sure the tv us good gel but your pictures are not the best mate.

You need to pause things for starters and push down on the remote to remove the pause bar.

Cam will always struggle to snap a really dark image without making it look all digitised and cack. Your better leaving them out

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
Sure the tv us good gel but your pictures are not the best mate.

You need to pause things for starters and push down on the remote to remove the pause bar.

Cam will always struggle to snap a really dark image without making it look all digitised and cack. Your better leaving them out
Yep. And it's not as if other people are posting great dark pictures either - it's hard.

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:

Of course we can take pics of TV's but in know way can people judge or compare PQ using this method. They are judging the photograph not the TV.

D

Deleted member 2457

I think they are cool!

https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-ef950v-owners-and-discussion-thread-part-2.1999539/page-4

I like this TV.

D

Deleted member 2457

HDTVfan said:
I don't know who is hosting this site or how much What HiFi are paying them..................but it's a bloody mess.
I guess they are not paying them a lot.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
HDTVfan said:
Thing is there does not seem to be any admin or mods controlling what is going on????

Admins? Mods? You're joking right?
I tried being a mod but they didn't like that! *smile*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts