Systemdek IIX900/RB250 vs Rega P25/RB600

John Duncan

OK. That probably means about 300 quid to trade up, going by recent eBay prices. I would say the sonics will be a little better, but not 300 quid better. The ergonomics and aesthetics of the Rega are much better - my Systemdek was a bit of a mare to live with (and butt ugly) to be honest - but not sure I'd spend 300 quid on that particular switch.

If, however, you are set on getting rid of the Systemdek for reasons other than sonics, let me give you a tip - sell the arm and table separately, you will get more for them.

You could also consider a new Project table around the same mark - they would be close to the P25 (yes they would) and you might consider the warranty, upgrade path and alternative aesthetics worthwhile.

T

the record spot

Check the used market for good secondhand decks - I don't mean Ebay here either. Try a dealer who holds good t/t stock and shop round for Roksan, Linn, Michell, etc, etc deals. You can buy a seriously good spinner for £400.

T

the record spot

See also Retro Reproduction in Edinburgh, Shadow Audio in Glentrothes (sale on just now, make him a decent offer!!), Central Audio (Brum), Billy Vee (London) , Midlands Audio Exchange (er, Midlands....), etc, etc....there's a pile of them who have good quality used gear - higher end stuff you'd have paid a grand for three or four years ago you'll often find for around the £400 mark.

A

Anonymous

Couldn't resist the P25 as I got it at £300. So given that I reckon I should get about £150 for the 900 (new motor) & RB250, is the upgrade (?) fair value at £150?

Suppose I'll find out soon enough when I spend even more hours submerged in my aural nirvana whilst auditioning them.

T

the record spot

Seconded; the RB250 cooking version sells for around £120 or so, so secondhand will achieve some interest. If it's the modded version (sorry, haven't read thoroughly enough) then it could get a very decent price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts