System for a Cafe

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I am lover of sound equipment but I know next to nothing about the subject and I need some advice. I intend to install equipment in a Cafe type business, the room is an oblong about 15m x 4.5m. My intention was to mount 4x bookshelf speakers one in each corner on solid wooden shelving that will run most of the length of each side the room. I want the sound to be effective at low levels, in that detail can be appreciated without the music being intrusive. From my reading I am considering these speakers EB acoustics EB1 or perhaps the ATC SCM 11.
Are these speakers suitable for my purpose and what Amps would match them up to £1500. How would I best wire 4 speakers with a two output with amp, or am I going down the wrong road altogether? I would be grateful for your thoughts on the matter.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Going by the big shouty fonts, I am guessing you want them LOUD!

Seriously though, WHF forum member 'Thaiman' runs a restaurant and pub and should be able to come up with some good ideas.

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
As the speakers are to be placed on shelves in corners, I think the models you are looking at would be a waste of money. A couple of pairs of Mission 760i would do the job brilliantly, or even AE Aegis 1.

I would recommend trying to pick up a Rotel 971 integrated and an extra power amp- you don't really want to be wiring two sets of speakers off one set of terminals! All this will save you a fortune, and will sound awesome if set up well...

A

Anonymous

Sorry about the shouting I pasted that in and it looked normal size.

A

Anonymous

rockpiper:

I want the sound to be effective at low levels, in that detail can be appreciated without the music being intrusive.

I think that only way for that is small satellites and subwoofer, something like Bose maybe. Or maybe speakers must be in ceiling, in that way you can put them at more equal distance from every place in the room. Corners are not good place, will be too loud for that people who will be near them.

A

Anonymous

I ought to have said that I meant the corners of the seating area. I had planned to put the speakers about 1m to 2m away from the end wall and about 10cm away from the side walls if you get what I am saying.

I am using Monitor Audio Radius 90HDs with a subwoofer at another location but I am not getting the detail or sensitivity I want, also it is hard to position the S/W to best effect.

I have considered bose but they are everywhere and I want to get away from that uniformity of sound.

A

Anonymous

ediots:

rockpiper:

I want the sound to be effective at low levels, in that detail can be appreciated without the music being intrusive.

I think that only way for that is small satellites and subwoofer, something like Bose maybe. Or maybe speakers must be in ceiling, in that way you can put them at more equal distance from every place in the room. Corners are not good place, will be too loud for that people who will be near them.

I was going to suggest the bose (or tannoys) ... have heard a setup with the small bose with small sub and was impressed ... although I think it may be more suited for home cinema

A

Anonymous

Just come in mind... There are good older home cinema amplifiers with Dolby processors (Matrix ES?) for 4-6 channel stereo and night listening modes. That will give you more balanced sound at low levels.

A

Anonymous

have you considered the bowers and wilkins ceiling speakers or something like them?

A

Anonymous

I will check the the bowers and wilkins ceiling speakers out, but I am not a huge fan of ceilings, the Tannoys I always find are so tinny.

The Blueroom minipods look the part but I don't suppose the sound is up to much. I would like something that looks good and sounds beautiful. What are the disadvantages of using standmounts in such an environment?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts