Surround sound advice for smaller front room needed!?

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Some questions:

Is there an all in one unit for 5.1 (or better) and CD/Ipod/Radio?

Is there a style type speaker package with no wires or do they all still have wires?

Room is not square, sofa 2.5 to 3m from TV, TV has next to no space either side, can I still get the sound right in an oblong room shape?

Any suggestions for my best solution for adding 5.1 or better to a small living room for about £600 much appreciated!

Decent sound quality rather than ground breaking will do fine.

Nick

Many Thanks!

A

Anonymous

The Sony davIS10 may solve some of your probs but if you wait, the new system that has the same tiny speakers but with wireless rears is out in the next few months.

Tiny room filling speakers and no cables....you can't fault it
emotion-21.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Nick_Shepherd:
Decent sound quality rather than ground breaking will do fine.

That's not the attitude!
Only joking, as andy says, the Sony DAV-IS10 pr IS50 (wireless rears version) is a good bet. Or you could look at getting something like the Sony STR-DG820, the Onkyo 606 or the Yamaha DSP-AX763 combined with the Jamo A102HCS5 or KEF KHT 1005 speaker packages. None of these are wireless but they will all offer a step up in sound quality from any similarly priced all-in-one system.

A

Anonymous

These are what I was thinking of for you. Personally I'd wait for the HDT100is and buy a BluRay player to go with it.

They're not released here yet and haven't been reviewed, but if they do get good reviews (the DAVis10 were award winners) they will be a bargain at 300-550 pounds.

The is50 can be got in the US for 600 dollars

Profs set up is good but I think a little imposing for your tastes. Maybe not though ?

A

Anonymous

Forget the twaddle I mentioned in my last post....the IS50 has been available here on Amazon since August.
emotion-10.gif
And it's only 440 quid...the original IS10 started life at 600 rrp

Can't find the IS100 though !

A

Anonymous

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=v48mwx&s=4 Hi nick. have a look at the pic that is what the ht-is100 is like. Small compact and plays hd audio via hdmi from a player like ps3 that can decode hd formats. Find it for £350 ish if you type it into google, and the wireless rears kit is £139 both from Cheap electricals.Imho yes you can get better sound with seperates but for the size of your room and the quality of this little system its a bargain. My father in law got the dav-is10 and i set it up for him and he's well chuffed, can't believe the sound that comes outta the tiny speakers.

Hope to have been of help Lee

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks guys, that really helpfull.

The Sony IS50's with no wires for the rears look spot on, asuming the tiny spealers are as good as they report.

This does beg another question if I may:

Current TV (Panasonic 32LMD70) is 720p. I plan to change next year (moving it up stairs) to a 37 / 40 inc 1080p. Does DVD upscaled look good via the Sony (or will the TV do it?) or can I connect a Bluray player to the Sony unit in the future?

Thanks again!

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts