suggestions on a new/second hand pair of floorstanders..

Rowan1981

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi I currently have a pair of Q acoustic's 2020i's powered by a Marantz pm5005 and would like to upgrade to a bigger pair of speakers (floorstanders) as my room is fairly large 35 sqm I would like to be able to fill the room up with sound. so I was wondering what floorstanders people would recommend on a budget of around 300 GBP ? (I dont mind mind buying second hand )

My music taste is vary varied, anyhting from Blues, Rock, Reggae, a bit of jazz and, 70-80's rock.
I like warm sounding speakers with good detail in the highs.

any suggestions would be great as I can then go to try and demo the suggested speakers.

Thanks

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
For that budget and that sized room I'd be looking for 1970's Japanese JBL homage speakers from the top of the range from the likes of Akai, Panasonic and Sansui. I'd also keep my eye out for big old American horns / horn hybrids.

Rowan1981

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
These Tannoys look gorgeous! I guess these are upgraded models from the V4's ?

It would be interesting to know if my Marantz pm5005 will power these sufficiently...

Rowan1981

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
lindsayt said:
For that budget and that sized room I'd be looking for 1970's Japanese JBL homage speakers from the top of the range from the likes of Akai, Panasonic and Sansui. I'd also keep my eye out for big old American horns / horn hybrids.

Thank's for your suggestions - I will keep my eye out for some over the coming few feeks.

I also recntly discovered these http://www.whathifi.com/jbl/studio-530/review

found a local dealer that sells them for around 550 gbp. bit out of my budget but maybe worth saving for ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts