Subwoofer for music and movies

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I'm looking at finally getting a sub for my system since my recent Bluray purchase.

So far all low level sound has been output via the front speakers so I understand I've been missing a lot.

Anyway, I have the Q-Acoustics Q-AV Rear Speakers with 2 standmount front speakers and a centre.

It's important that the sub is not too expensive, anything up to £225 and compact so it'll fit behind the sofa out of sight.

Any recommendations? I've considered the Q-AV Subwoofer at £219 or the Q Acoustics 2070s at £229. Otherwise there are subs like the Wharfdale SW150 which are more of a traditional design which I'd have to position somewhere else to fit in.

A

Anonymous

You could get a BK gemini.

They are supposed to be very good for the price, but there customer serice is terrible and they never answer email.

But people say they are ok with that, becuase of the sub quality.

b33k34

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I'd not heard BK had a bad rep for customer service. My experience was really good - they do answer the phone and were more than happy to swap cables i didn't need (that were included in the price) for isolation feet I did. Give them a call rather than dropping them an email and be patient for delivery.

They're a small concern who keep cost down by not building sub's until they have an order for them. Value for money is thus excellent.

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I have the Q-AV Subwoofer. I think it's great for both music and movies, and its slim dimensions mean it can be placed almost anywhere.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, anyone else use and compact subs that would be worth considering?

A

Anonymous

Have a look for a second hand REL Quake - very good and compact. You should pick one up around the £130 mark for a good used example. You can also connect it via speakers (neutrik speakon) and LFE at the same time which is good for AV and music.

Regards Si.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts