SUBS FOR TWO CHANNEL

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
two channel stereo....are there subs made just for stereo or are they all home theatre orientated ??? when playing cd's in stereo only subs tend to be overpowering...either floor standers are a little too lean or subs are too heavy so are there subs out there that are aimed squarely at two channel users ?...presently using a B&W ASW 1000.....regards.......ian

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
For obvious reasons there's a bias toward home cinema use, but any good sub - and the B&W is a good sub - should be tunable to work well in stereo too. What main stereo speakers and amplification are you using it with? And how have you got it connected? Let me know that stuff and I'll try to come up with some tips...

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
im using a musical fidelity a3.5 integrated amp attached to a pair of Kef C75 floorstanders using QED original speaker cable (the old purple stuff)..Interconnect from NAD 542 cd player to amp is QED Qnect 3.....Sub is connect by the rca from the amp to rca in on the sub....Sub volume is on 8 o'clock position and hz set to 40.........thanks so far regards...ian

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'd back off on the level a bit and increase the crossover frequency to 50Hz, then have a play with the phase control to see whether this will improve things a bit.

The PSW1000 should integrate pretty well with those speakers, but the usual problem with subwoofers is that people tend to run them too loud and with no overlap this the speakers' claimed lower frequency response, which can leave a 'hole' in the bass.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts