Sub Woofer alternative ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
First of all - thanks to all those who helped on my original post a couple of weeks ago - I now need your help again !

I have managed to get my hands on a Denon AVR 1911 AV Receiver at a ridiculously low price, all looked well until I was connecting everything up last night only to discover that something looks to have snapped off inside the connection for the Sub Woofer meaning I can't connect it. (Maybe that's why I got the bargain price)...

It looks like hard white plastic and despite my best efforts I can't get whatever it is out of there. The rest of the Amp seems to work fine so is there another way I can set up my Sub Woofer now ?

The Blu-Ray player I have is a Panasonic DMP BD30 with a connection for a Sub Woofer and I watch TV via the SKY HD box with all audio coming via the AMP.

Any ideas would be most welcome - thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Can you post a photo of the problem? Getting photos on the forum is a bit of a challenge.

A

Anonymous

I'll see if I can get a photo tonight but there's not a great deal to see other than the normal 'sub woofer out' socket in the amp with some white plastic deep inside.

As for the amp itself it was part of a Panasonic 5.1 surround system which is almost 10 years old, again I'll have to check tonight on the actual model.

A

Anonymous

You can't really notice anything from the photo so not really worth showing. I've tried to remove whatever was blocking the connection with a large safety pin but not much is coming out.

A

Anonymous

Without seeing the problem it's a bit difficult to advise, but you could try a small hand drill or a heated wire to melt out the blockage, good luck.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that - I'll see what I can do, don't seem to be getting much advice from elsewhere !

I'm guessing there is no other way of setting up the Sub Woofer other than via the amp then ??

A

Anonymous

drichardb said:
If the plastic is loose inside why not try using a vacuum cleaner hose to suck it out?

(drichardb)

Hi, unfortunately whatever is in there is well and truly stuck, a hoover just isn't going to shift it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts