Stop Gap Sub Woofer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Chaps,

I am right in the middle of a complete equipment change, and due to budget (misses has spent some of my profit on a deposit for a holiday), something is gonna have to give, I have listed what I have sold and what I intend to buy, my dilema is that I can not yet afford the Sub I want, I have found 2 budget options, that would only have to last around 6 months.(asthectics is not a problem as you will not see it)

My room is 6.5M x 3.6M:

Equipment Gone: Denon DVD-2500BT, 7 x Ci in-ceiling speakers, Planar PD7010 projector, Velodyne Impact Mini, Pioneer 507XA

Equipment to Go: Denon AVR-1910

Recently added: Philips 52PLF7404, White Gloss MA RX1s, White Gloss MA RXC, Panasonic BD30(dug out of a cupboard until a new player arrives)

Kit to be ordered next week: White gloss MA RXFX surround speakers, Sony 760, Yamaha RXV1065

So they only thing left is the Sub woofer, at over £700.00 the RXW12 will have to wait.

So in the mean time, I want a cheap sub woofer to last only 6 months max, I have seen a MA Radius 360HD (100w) at £150.00 and a MA Radius R720 (non HD version-250W) for £200.00.

Which of these subs do you think will fit in with the new system, until I can gather the cash for the RXW, I am leaning towards the R720 as it is more powerful.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Just another angle on this - particularly if it is a temporary purchase - you would get the best value by looking at a certain well-known auction site, where there are a number of excellent subs available from folk who are upgrading.

A

Anonymous

To be honest, that's where I have seen these subs, also I am open to suggestions on different subs too.

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Why bother with all the hassle if you only need a stopgap for a maximum of 6 months and £150 buys a nice lot of bluray discs. Just wait that short while - the anticipation and appreciation will be even greater when your chosen one arrives. I'm sure your wife wouldn't have been happy if in the time between getting engaged and married you decided to also go out with a casual acquaintance's ex-girlfriend just as a stop gap !!

Just going to pop in a BluRay of District 9 and get myself chilled and relaxed while it loads ! This world just moves too fast and is far too impatient.......

That's a great system you've got to look forward to - Enjoy!

A

Anonymous

If you really feel the need to get a stop gap sub, then this one @£100 is very good, for a "stop gap" I wouldn't wanna pay too much

http://www.connectedacoustic.com/product.php?xProd=4&xSec=3

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts