Stereo amp for R100 with HT bypass

JohnKK

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody!

I need advice. Have Marantz nr1602 AVR with Bx2.

OK for music, but plan to go up. I like R100 and I am planning to demo them next week, plan is to add stereo amp and connect r100 to it and use preouts on nr1602 for movies.

Question is in which direction do I look for amp?

Only amp that I can get S/H that I know wih HT bypass is Marantz pm7004.

Do you think that it would be good partner for kef r100? I red different things about that amp, reviews are not that good...

I know that everybody is recommending Rega Brio-R for this speakers, it doesnt have HT bypass, but if it is much better for r100, I am ready to go that way also.

Reason I insist on HT baypas is because I use harmony 900 remote and dont want to put volume button on Rega on 12 oclock everytime I want to go back from music to movies and then again decrease volume when I want to switch from TV to music... It looks as a hassle.

BTW soon I plan to add standalone DAC before amp, Micromega MyDac is in plan as I heard some very good things about it.

Thanks!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I think the Arcam A19 probably does and the MF M3i certainly does.

Edit. Having now looked at the Arcam specs, I don't think it has.....though the A18 does (Processor Mode).

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
If a HT Bypass is the same as Power amp In/Main In, then the Denon PMA-2000AE would be worth a shot, cracking amp that you can pick up for around £500 S/H.

JohnKK

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for comments!

Just wondering, arent both Denon PMA-2000 and MF M3i little bit of an overkill for KEF R100?

Regarding budget, I am looking up to 500 ponuds, new of S/H.

JohnKK

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for comments!

Just wondering, arent both Denon PMA-2000 and MF M3i little bit of an overkill for KEF R100?

Regarding budget, I am looking up to 600 pounds, new of S/H.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
JohnKK said:
Thanks for comments!

Regarding budget, I am looking up to 500 ponuds, new of S/H.

IMO Definitely not........The R Series are superb and good enough to do justice to fairly expensive amps.......give it a try and see what you think.

JohnKK

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
According to my budget and availability of different brands, I am currently looking at Rotel RA-12, mentioned PM7004 and Rega Brio-R.

What do you think for these combinations? I like the fact that Rotel has DAC, but I do not like bright sound and when talking to retailer when I mention that all of them direct me of Rotel as, accoding to them, it can be quite bright.

TRENDING THREADS