Stereo Amp. for music types

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Haloo, first, Im sorry for my english if have mistakes.

Im looking for stereo amp. speciality for music types- jazz, classical music (bach, bethoven, mozart...), vocals, ambient, but the amp. must have deep good bass for ganre like house and other electronic types like trance, techno...

I think highly of sound quality, my beudget is 2000 euro, for everything- amp. and speakers.

I will writte some amp who I was looked:

Yamaha a-s1000

Cambridge Audio Azur 840a v2.

Cyrus 6XP or 8XP

Musical Fidelity xt100

Naim Nait 5i

Marantz pm 6004

Nad c356 bee

What you will offer me? Its not necessary to be one of these, I post only for example, what I found with good reports.

For speakers I will think after I know that the speakers are most importand in one system, but first I want to select good amplifier, and then I will think for good speakers.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
What sources will be using to connect to your amp - CD player, turntable, network player, computer? I assume that the 2000 Euro does not include the source because you already have those?

A

Anonymous

Yes, i forgot to say, I thinking that the sources will be PC, or DVD (sony or other) or if will left some money from these 2000 will looking for CD, but, ok lets to say with some CD ( I dont know what model).

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Are you looking at new only or would you consider pre-owned/ex demo.

If new, do you have dealers near you that you can demo equipment or will you buying blind?

A

Anonymous

No its not necessary to be new the amp, the room size is about 12-13m2 and the floor os wood yeah. For demo... I dont know, I think that will buy on internet becouse, some of the amp and speakers arent have here in Bulgaria.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
This is very true with new amp but later you will need speakers and the amp/speaker combo will be important.

Still thinking about the amp :)

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks for your help, I will watch closely the topic. Aaa what you think about these amp. were I wrote in first post?

And one more things I saw this - Yamaha a-s1000+ CDS1000+ Wharfedake duanibd 10.1 speakers. What you will say about that pack.? :beer:

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Sorry not sure on the Yamaha pack, someone may come along who does though :)

The Marantz could be a choice, good with electronic music with the dynamics for classical.
Speaker choice may be tricky with wooden floors. If your unable to demo may be worth staying away from floorstanders and have stand mounts instead; thinking Dali, B&W or Kef as possibles.

A

Anonymous

I saw this morning this- Emotiva XPA-2, what you will say about this amp. and my music ganre listening- jazz, classical, ambient, chillout, house, trance? And other question, it is good the bass to be tight or not?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The Emotiva looks the business, though I've never heard one. I think it may well be a power amp only, which means it will need a pre-amp, unless you get a source that that can act as one
(eg. Audiolab 8200 CDQ)

A

Anonymous

Ok, why then on the Emotiva`s site, the examples for music types are jazz, classical, rock? And the pictures of the sites talking about smooth atmosphere... :D

Oh Im very confused already, I dont know what I have search.... What marks amp. (marantz, onkyo, emotiva, nad, denon, yamaha...) , what model..., with pre-amp or not....

Im realy confused :? Help me guys please...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Now you've got me confused. I didn't comment on how it sounded, only that it may need a pre-amp.

An Integrated amp has the pre & power in the one box; whereas a Power amp needs a separate box to act as a pre-amp, which adds to the cost.

Your budget of €2k is worth around £1670, which is why I originally suggested an all Rega system, as it fits your budget, gives a lively musical presentation and imo works well for your taste in music.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, sorry, I didn`t understand you correct, I thinked that you say the Emotiva is good only for high sound, not quality... Sorry, ok aa what you think about Marantz 6004? with this amp. the price will be better for me and will give me permission to buy better speakers. What you think?

A

Anonymous

"shooter69" Sooo what amp. you advise me to buy? emotiva, rega, or somethink other? Please with simple words, becouse Im not english speaker :D and some phrases I dont understand them.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Emotiva may be a good brand for you to try out. They have a 30 day no quibble returns policy if your unhappy with the product, it'll give you the opportunity to try it safe in the knowlage if it doesn't work out your money is safe.

They also have there own forum community for q&a :)

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
With your musical taste and room type I'd go with the Marantz and a standmount speaker from those I mentioned. Use the Marantz CD with them.

You need to keep in mind that you may hate that combination that's why the Emotiva could be worth trying. Everyone's taste is different.

Your call :)

A

Anonymous

OK thanks a lot I appreciate that, only one more think, what you think Marantz 6004 or 8004?

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks, for last the system- Marantz 6004+ CD6004 CD + some speakers (kef, B&W or Dali) is very good, right? Can you chose me some models of the speakers? Becouse its have a lot models and Im confused. And Thank you a lot man, I have to treat with beer one day :) thanks for your patience.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
My preference in order would be:

B&W 685

Q300

Dali Lector 3

All you need are some good stands, possibly Partington Ansa or Atacama Aurora and cables. Should all come in budget.
My choice would be for the B&W. Had this combo myself, it works well, but all the speakers are worth consideration.

Hope it works out for you, keep us posted.

Mines a beer :cheers:

Edit: I've also had Epos M12.2 with Marantz, that's a nice combo also :)

matthewpiano

I agree with recommendations for the Marantz 6004. Like the 6003 before it, the 6004 is a real big hitter and competes incredibly well with most sub £1k amps. I've heard the much more expensive Pearl Lite amplifier and actually prefer the 6004.

Marantz are extremely good at making budget amps that provide performance way above expectation at the price and are really flexible when it comes to partnering. I'm not a fan of B&W speakers with Marantz, but Dali, MA, KEF, Epos, and Focal all make very enjoyable matches and it is well worth auditioning to see which combinations works best for you and your music. Don't be scared of matching more expensive speakers with the PM6004 - it can handle them with aplomb.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts