Static sound on speakers Simaudio Moon I-3 and Dynaudio Emit M20

Galidou

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I need help regarding an issue I have, I'll try to summarize. I have tried my setup on every power outlet in my appartment even with no source
plugged in and as soon as I plug the amplifier into the power(even if it's off) I hear a static sound on my speakers. What should I do to get rid of it?

Here are my thoughts on the issue:
I live above a bakery and there's always something humming like the refrigerators/freezers that I can feel from the floor in my kitchen
The amplifier could be the cause too, it is 17 years old

D

Deleted member 188516

Hello everyone!

I need help regarding an issue I have, I'll try to summarize. I have tried my setup on every power outlet in my appartment even with no source
plugged in and as soon as I plug the amplifier into the power(even if it's off) I hear a static sound on my speakers. What should I do to get rid of it?

Here are my thoughts on the issue:
I live above a bakery and there's always something humming like the refrigerators/freezers that I can feel from the floor in my kitchen
The amplifier could be the cause too, it is 17 years old

i'm no expert but if i have understood this correctly that sounds like "mains noise" or maybe some sort of mains surges or "spikes" being put onto the electrical circuit (?).

i'm guessing some one will suggest mains spike / surge protector ? one of the forums technicians should be along soon to properly advise !

Galidou

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i'm no expert but if i have understood this correctly that sounds like "mains noise" or maybe some sort of mains surges or "spikes" being put onto the electrical circuit (?).

i'm guessing some one will suggest mains spike / surge protector ? one of the forums technicians should be along soon to properly advise !

Thing is, I already have a surge protector which is a furman M-8x2 and the amp/source are already plugged in.

Gray

Might seem like a bit of a hassle, but in view of what you've said about the bakery,
first thing I'd do would be to try the amp in another house (in some other street).
(Don't think you've got a headphone socket to avoid the need for taking speakers too).

Same problem in different house (extremely unlikely) = amp fault.

No problem in different house (very likely) = problem specific to your location.

Last edited:

Galidou

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Might seem like a bit of a hassle, but in view of what you've said about the bakery,
first thing I'd do would be to try the amp in another house (in some other street).
(Don't think you've got a headphone socket to avoid the need for taking speakers too).

Same problem in different house (extremely unlikely) = amp fault.

No problem in different house (very likely) = problem specific to your location.
Thanks, will try that, hopefully it is not the amp and I doubt it will be. it is usually a well reviewed amp.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS