Static charge felt when running fingers over Sony seperates

georgescookie

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

Some advise please...i currently own a Sony ta-a1es amplifier and hap-a1es hdd player and whenever I run my fingers lightly on either unit, I can feel some kind of static charge. It's the kind of sensation you tend to get with apple products.

I have tried connecting the units directly to various wall outlets and various extension plugs but can still feel it. I previously owned a marantz set up with a pioneer n50 streamer and had the same problem. I wonder if this is hindering the sound quality, with those waves of electricity running throughout the chassis *aggressive*

Im guessing it has something to do with the electricity grounding within the house...does anyone have any ideas how to cure this? Would a mains conditioner such as the Tacima fix the problem?

Any help is appreciated.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
georgescookie said:
Hi all

Some advise please...i currently own a Sony ta-a1es amplifier and hap-a1es hdd player and whenever I run my fingers lightly on either unit, I can feel some kind of static charge. It's the kind of sensation you tend to get with apple products.

I have tried connecting the units directly to various wall outlets and various extension plugs but can still feel it. I previously owned a marantz set up with a pioneer n50 streamer and had the same problem. I wonder if this is hindering the sound quality, with those waves of electricity running throughout the chassis *aggressive*

Im guessing it has something to do with the electricity grounding within the house...does anyone have any ideas how to cure this? Would a mains conditioner such as the Tacima fix the problem?

Any help is appreciated.

I'd get an electrician in to inspect / test your wiring.

Neither am I sure what this ... "kind of sensation you tend to get with Apple products" is referring to.

Having owned three iPhones, two iPad Minis, an iMac and a Mac Mini amongst other other Apple products over the years, I have never experienced anything like what you've described.

This is most likely something in your home.

georgescookie

May 17, 2015
Visit site
thanks for the reply chebby, regarding my apple comments, I had a mac and ipad which would had the tingling sensation and a few other friends who had apple gear with the same problem. If you google it, theres quite a few similar reports from others. Saying this my iphone 6S does not have this problem, maybe they changed thier adapters or something.

Anyway, do you or anyone else have any thoughts on mains conditoners, if they would help in a situation like this?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts