Standmounts with open, musical sound in a 3.1 setup?

jakja83

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I am looking for advice on budget standmounts that sound open and clear (I have Kudos C2s in my stereo) and that has a sound that really makes you want to listen to music. I already have a subwoofer that can play loud, musical and clear and I only need mains and a center. I have stands already and will purchase a receiver around the Yamaha 767s price range.

What standmounts would you recommend the highest if I want something like the Kudos` sound?

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Presumably you'll be running a separate system for music and keeping the Kudos C2s? Budget standmounts will certainly be a step down from the relatively high-end Kudos speakers you already own.

If you're looking for someting to match the 767 for relatively little outlay, I'd look at the Monitor Audio BX range, or the B&W 6 series if you can stretch a little further. According to the WHF review, the C2s sound a tad bright, so the Nautilus tweeter used by B&W might offer a vague sonic approximation of the "Kudos' sound."

jakja83

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Well, I have bought myself a pair of AKG701s with a good headamp/dac for musical pleasures, but want my "other" setup to sound well also. The Kudos speakers will probably be sold in the near future.

I have auditioned the BX5s with a 767 and they sound very good, but a bit lacking when it comes to clarity and detail compared to the Kudos` speakers. I want a sound with a bit more bite and details. I am a sucker for that open midrange.

Any thought on what Mordaunt Short or PSB speakers would sound like in this comparison?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts