Stand mount Speaker Stands

Ris101

May 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

I need to buy speaker stands for my b&w 706 speakers. The actual b&w stands look to be really expensive, up to now they have always sat on heavy duty furniture. Can anyone recommend decent stands, ideally secondhand? I have zero knowledge in this area. I've also got a two year old daughter.

Thanks!!

Ideally speaker stands need to be high enough to put the 706s tweeter somewhere around your ear height when in your normal listening position.
Look for Partington or Atacama stands or the like although decent ones don't come cheap.
For your daughter's safety I would suggest using blutack between speakers band the stands to hold them secure.

rainsoothe

I used to own Atacama Nexus 6i, they're very good. They have small gel feet on the top plate, so no need for blu-tack. If you get these, fill the center column with Atabites (or sand) 1/2 or 2/3. If you don't like their looks, HiFi Racks make great looking wooden ones.

D

Deleted member 116933

Get some Atacama se6. Some on the big E for 65 quid. Built like brick 💩 houses and once filled will never be able to moved buy kids.
If filling with wet sand you’ll need a thick bag like a garden refuge sack cut to size inside to stop rusting.

Like someone mentioned Above use blutack to keep the speakers I place. Again once in place and settled will require a lot of force to separate them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts