Spendor A6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking at purchasing these...

Before I demo them, do any of you have any idea if a Simaudio I3RS (100W/8ohm, 170W/4ohm) amp will be able to drive them appropriately. I have read things that they need a lot of current, but its hard to know in terms of wattage whats what...

thanks

A

Anonymous

I think 100wpc should be sufficient, but then it's the current that's important and not necessarily the wattage (AFAIK!). My K2 runs the A5s just fine and A5s are less efficient than A6s.

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I doubt you'll have any problems with the amp you've mentioned drive wise. My DNM monos have no problems and they're 100wpc.

Whether they're a good match sound wise is another question entirely :)

A

Anonymous

Bodfish:
Whether they're a good match sound wise is another question entirely :)

...indeed. In my expereience, avoid anything with any bloat, bloom or lack of control at the bottom end else the A6s will just sound, well, boomy. Not a combo I've tried but I bet the Cyrus MonoX will pair nicely with them.

A

Anonymous

thanks...

my amps strongest attributes are bass detail and grip so I think I'll be ok.

Out of curiosity does the watts affect the midrange and top-end much?

Thanks for your help

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It will affect the whole signal, but it's mostly the bass that needs a lot of current, and midrange needs a fair amount to sound clean. An excess of power is always a good thing - you want to feel safe with a system knowing you have something spare, rather than distrust the system thinking you might be overloading it.

All speakers will respond well to a bit more power, even if it is above what's recommended for them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts