speaks for amp

dazzzer

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Cambridge Audio Azur 340A SE

Can anyone tell me some good book shelf speakers for a cambridge audio Azur 340A SE also could you tell me what watts speaker range i need? ?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
The output of your amp is 40W, so you should choose speakers that match. The Q Acoustics Concept 20 speakers have a range of 25 - 75W, so they'd be fine.

Morning Al.

Nice though they are I feel the Concept 20 might work the amplifier a little too hard. Never tried the combo so this is largely going on the reputation of the Concept requiring a bit more from the amplifier than, say, the 2020i.

I find many budget speakers not to my taste so I would choose either Q Acoustics 2020i or Dali Zensor 1 or 3 in this case, see if these are to your taste.

Powere ratings are largely irrelevant in this case, just use your ears and a bit of common sense, if it starts to sound distorted you are doing damage, turn it down. The volume control is no indicator of the power you are using so none of this 'I only turned it up to 12 o'clock' nonsense, if it sounds out of contro or distorting turn it down, whatever the volume setting.

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
+1 for the Q Acoustic 2020i's.

You could even look at the Cambridge Audio SX-50 and SX-60, which should match well sonically.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts