Dec 1, 2023
Visit site
Hi I was looking for some opinion/advice , my current system is,
Audio note oto se
Q acoustics 3050i
Cambridge audio cxn v2
Audio note an-l speaker cable
Audioquest interconnect model unknown

I was thinking of changing my amp to the Cambridge audio cxa81,question is would it be a decent upgrade?

Audio note oto se
Q acoustics 3050i
Cambridge audio cxn v2

I was thinking of changing my amp to the Cambridge audio cxa81,question is would it be a decent upgrade?
I would doubt it unless it has some facilities that you need that the Oto doesn't have.

I would suggest not. I'm not familiar with Audio Note but based on the price difference....

You're probably better spending your money on either source or speakers.

Looking at amps possibly Cambridge Edge A, which I have heard and sounds fantastic.

Audio note oto se
Q acoustics 3050i
Cambridge audio cxn v2

Welcome to the forum.

I think you should explain why you’d swap an enthusiasts amp like an AN for a decent but ordinary (by comparison) Cambridge. It’s a bit like saying should I swap my BMW M3 for a Honda Jazz!

Are you worried about the electricity bills, or is it unreliable? Does it lack connectivity you now need? 8 watts per channel should be good into your sensitive QA floorstanders.

Reactions: WayneKerr

nightanddaygamechangers

Nov 19, 2023
Visit site
I believe it was said humorously....
Indeed. It just seemed odd that they suggested swapping for an item the OP already owns, which would leave them without any amp at all. Perhaps they meant the CXA81 which was auto corrected. Hopefully the OP will clarify what specific issue they have with the amp.

Last edited:

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
Audio note oto se
Q acoustics 3050i
Cambridge audio cxn v2

Buy a CXA81 and try it out. It will certainly be compatible with the CXN V2 / 3050's. Cambridge is currently offering £100 off, a 60 day free trial and free shipping.

gasolin

the evo 75 is only 200 more expensive than the cxa81 and has real streaming features and a screen

You don't have to replay min's after latest reply, many don't sit 24/7 on what hifi to talk about hifi

Last edited:

kukulec

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Audio note oto se
Q acoustics 3050i
Cambridge audio cxn v2

yes it would, especially medium to high volume.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts