Speakers - Wood Veneer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohsin

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
I understand that a real wood veneer is likely to have inperfections in its pattern and that between 2 speakers the pattern can look a little different. However if a speaker has a real wood veneer does this mean that it is more difficult for the manufacturer to get a perfect finish around the edges when they cut holes for the drivers?

Mo

A

Anderson

I think the whole process is automated to be honest so no diffculty at all, the main difference is cost of materials and I believe the real wood veneer to be a bit more hard wearing.

Mohsin said:
Thanks for your reply. I have got some speakers not long ago and the veneer has a poor finish around the top of the mid bass driver.

Mo

Which of your speakers has this imperfection? If you bought new I would send them back if you are not happy about the finish (although it will not effect sound quality.)

Mohsin

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. It's the RX1 speakers I recently got. I could send them back but the retailer has been more then helpful and I don't want them to go through the hassle of an exchange. Just annoyed that Monitor Audio speakers would have imperfections as they are always advertised as having such a high quality finish.

Mo

T

the record spot

That's a pity. One of the things I liked about my Tannoys was the real wood design and the finish is excellent.

Mohsin

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the reply RS, I used to have a pair of Tannoy R1's which I believe had a real wood finish. They were immaculate and the finish took quite a beating over 10 years before it started showing any wear. I have contacted Monitor Audio as it may seem petty but it bugs me, they have been very helpful as I have always found and have suggested to contact the retailer. Mo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts