speakers to match denon avr1910

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi i have just started builing an a/v home cinema system. i currently have an lg 360 blu-ray and a denon avr1910 connected up to mordaunt 302/304 satellites. i would like to addsome floorstading fronts and utilise the high front setting on the amp but what should i go for, i was advised that i should stick with the same speaker brand for compatability reasons is this the case? all help gratfully recived.

A

Anonymous

please help me guys as i am new to this and dont want to make an expensive mistake.

A

Anonymous

A one-brand package consisting of the same speakers/subwoofer will ensure that you enjoy a cohesive and synergistic sound.

Based on your current kit, I will assume that you have a budget of up to £600.00 for speakers, and would recommend the Q Acoustics 2000 series (no front floorstanders though).

If this budget is a little high, then you could do no worse than go for the predecessor of the Q Acoustics 2000, i.e. the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 system which can be had for £350.00 now, new.

Both are 5 star systems and award winners in their respective category.

If you insist on floorstanders for the fronts, your budget will need to go up.

A

Anonymous

ValianTX:
A one-brand package consisting of the same speakers/subwoofer will ensure that you enjoy a cohesive and synergistic sound.

Based on your current kit, I will assume that you have a budget of up to £600.00 for speakers, and would recommend the Q Acoustics 2000 series (no front floorstanders though).

If this budget is a little high, then you could do no worse than go for the predecessor of the Q Acoustics 2000, i.e. the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 system which can be had for £350.00 now, new.

Both are 5 star systems and award winners in their respective category.

If you insist on floorstanders for the fronts, your budget will need to go up.

I concur.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Monitor Audio's Vector 5.1 package will be a good alternative to the Q Acoustics.

Whichever system you go for, you could go for a 5.1 satellite speaker package initially, then add floorstanders later and move the front two satellites to the back for centre rear duties to make a 7.1 system.

A

Anonymous

trainman: connected up to mordaunt 302/304 satellites. i would like to addsome floorstading fronts and utilise the high front setting on the amp but what should i go for, i was advised that i should stick with the same speaker brand for compatability reasons is this the case? all help gratfully recived.

You could add floorstanders from the Mordaunt Short Avant range. They are a good match for the Premier 302s as satellites --- I have such a system myself and the Avants were, in my case, an upgrade from the 302 fronts. I also upgraded the centre from the 304 to the Avant 905c, so that would be a good plan, though the 304 would work with the Avant floorstanders.

The best Avant floorstanders to go for are the 916i or 906i which you can get for £300-340. The other option is the 914i/904i at about £200

You don't say wheather you have a sub, but I assume you do?

The Avant range seems to have been discontinued, but there are still some of them around if you do a Google search.

A

Anonymous

hi to all for the advice. i think i will go down the 916i route,just one more question. i currantly have a yamaha yst-sw012 sub which iam very disapointed with as it booms rather than delivering the punchy bass iwas after. any reccomendatons guys?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts