New AV Receiver

tony0898

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello There

I am wanting to replace my ageing Cambridge Audio 540R. I am wanting something that has the newer sound formats like DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD as i feel as though i am missing out when watching my blu rays.

However i have always liked the sound the CA puts out and particularly the cd/stereo 2 Ch sound.

What would people recommend would be a good replacement. To be honest i would like to spend as little as possible (so i can spend the money elsewhere) Initially i was thinking of the Onkyo 609/709, but being a fussy person i hate green displays so these are out of the question.

I have considered:-

Denon AVR-3311 (expensive for an old model)
Denon AVR-3312
Pioneer VSX-LX55. Quite drawn to this but not much on the internet re stereo playback quality. I know a lot of times people suggest going to demo equipment but i have found a lot of places have stock but dont want to open them for demo purposes (understandable i suppose, but you wouldn't buy a car without test driving it).

Or should i go for the LX75 or 85???

I am also looking at purchasing a universal player and have decided on the Marantz UD7006 (or would i be better having a seperate blu ray player and seperate CD player, if so suggestions please.

My speakers are Mordaunt Short 914's fronts, 304 Centre, 302's rear and a CA Minx x200 sub. I realise that these will probably need to be upgraded but for the time being they will have to stay, may change the floorstanders first to Monitor Audio BX5's or RX6's

Any help or guidance please.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts