Speakers for Rotel RA-06, Wharfedale evo 4.1 ?

Xcdx

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
Hello!
I have recently got the amp Rotel RA-06. I am planning on buying the speakers Wharfedale evo 4.1, I think these small speakers would fit nicely in my apartement. Does anybody have any experience with these speakers and/or amp? Could they pair alright?
Into a more neutral sound, but rather that they leaned a bit warm than too bright. I've otherwise looked at Dynaudio emit M10 or Elan reference dbr62, but now there was a good deal on the evo 14.
Feel free to write if you know anything about any of these :)

Xcdx

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
My brother used to have the RA-06 and, although I haven't heard it with these speakers, as he had Wharfedale Diamond 10's, I feel they would make a very acceptable combination.
Thank you for the answer. Oh, that's nice, to my knowledge it seems that the Diamond 10's could be a tad bit warmer. So yea, feel like they probably would work alright together!

Thank you for the answer. Oh, that's nice, to my knowledge it seems that the Diamond 10's could be a tad bit warmer. So yea, feel like they probably would work alright together!
I don't have your ears of course and the ribbon tweeters in the Evo 4's will add a different component to the sound but I still feel they should work well.

Xcdx

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
B&W 607 s2 anniversary edition
Was acctually looking at those as well. They seem like a good match for this amp. However, I think the highs on them could be a bit sharp. But that's just my taste, I don't think they would be overly sharp. But considering their price and that I got a good deal with the Whaferdales I might lean towards those. With my limited knowledge I believe that the B&Ws probably could be more natural though.

Xcdx

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
I don't have your ears of course and the ribbon tweeters in the Evo 4's will add a different component to the sound but I still feel they should work well.
Yea, that's true. But thanks for the input. I will do a bit more research before I make the final decision :)

gasolin

Was acctually looking at those as well. They seem like a good match for this amp. However, I think the highs on them could be a bit sharp. But that's just my taste, I don't think they would be overly sharp. But considering their price and that I got a good deal with the Whaferdales I might lean towards those. With my limited knowledge I believe that the B&Ws probably could be more natural though.

rainsoothe

If you can, take the amp with you to some shops, or order with the possibility of returning, only you can tell if it's too bright or just enough. Also, how big is your room, and can you place the speakers on stands? And how far away from the walls can they be positioned?

Xcdx

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
If you can, take the amp with you to some shops, or order with the possibility of returning, only you can tell if it's too bright or just enough. Also, how big is your room, and can you place the speakers on stands? And how far away from the walls can they be positioned?
Probably the best way to do it. Will check what the local hifi-store has to offer. The speakers will be approximatlely 30-50 cm (11-19 inches) from the wall, on stands is the plan!

Reactions: rainsoothe

Xcdx

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
Don't suppose there was a deal on the 4.2 was there?
I think that extra mid driver might be worthwhile.
Unfortunately not, the 4.1s were a used pair in good condition. Since my listening place isn't that big I think the 4.1s could be quite alright though. But yea, will check out the other ones mentioned and come to a decision in the begining of the week :)

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts