Question Speakers for Rega elicit-r

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Belerofon

Aug 9, 2020
Visit site
I’d recommend using a sub/s regardless of main loudspeakers used and with all things being equal only having the subs reproducing at least the bottom two octaves of 20Hz - 40Hz and 40Hz - 80Hz . The optimal position for mid and HF might not be the optimal for LF reproduction. Subs can be moved away from the mains and positioned accordingly within the room to give the best LF response. Using the TDAI-1120’s LF/HP filter, room correction will help reduce the workload on the amp, seamlessly blend the V8’s with the SCM40’s leading to a significant uplift in overall performance of the system (y)

A subwoofer is the most important main component :)
What is best one sub or two?

Reactions: MUSICRAFT
Thanks for insight, yesterday I've heard elicit-r and ATC 40, the sound was incredible. I'm still don't believe it, atc offers really precise sound, with not suitable amp they sound dull and flat. Like I said still don't believe how great they sounded. PMC are next on my demo list.
You may well come back to the ATCs. I did, when about 3 years ago they we’re on my audition list. I tried to beat them but I couldn’t. Since then PMC have put up their prices and I can’t think of any speaker I’d rather have for under £4,000.
My amp is rated a bit more powerfully than the Rega, but ATC aren’t a difficult load, unlike many supposedly 8 ohm speakers that dip well below 4 ohms and upset some amps.
Good luck with your auditions!

Reactions: Belerofon
You may well come back to the ATCs. I did, when about 3 years ago they we’re on my audition list. I tried to beat them but I couldn’t. Since then PMC have put up their prices and I can’t think of any speaker I’d rather have for under £4,000.
My amp is rated a bit more powerfully than the Rega, but ATC aren’t a difficult load, unlike many supposedly 8 ohm speakers that dip well below 4 ohms and upset some amps.
Hopefully OP will not mind but question for nopiano, does your Primare i32 have the ability to adjust Left / Right balance?

manicm

Al fwiw, we've also got clients that have happily been using Arcam Solo Mini systems with SCM40's for years :)

It’s either testament to the engineering of the SCMs or sheer folly of the purchaser.

I had the Solo Mini with the 685 mk1s, and while it sounded superb, I could feel that the B&Ws would’ve appreciated a spoonful more power. They’re still one of my favorite speakers.

It is rather sad Arcam have not chosen to directly replace the brilliant little Mini.

Reactions: Belerofon

Belerofon

Aug 9, 2020
Visit site
They're not easy to drive, but their flat impedance characteristic is very positive. No drops under 4Ohms. On youtube is video Rega Elex and ATC scm40, Elex is 75W 8 Ohms and result is quite good. Hifi is kind of voodoo sometimes :)))

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts