• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

speakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

andybebbs

Apr 30, 2020
don`t get base boom at all as these speakers are not what i would call a big base speaker i find the tops a bit harsh at times if anything.
I am in the middle of trying them pointing at each other across the room rather than at my listening position at the moment and sounds a little better so will give it a bit of time and see how it goes.

andybebbs

Apr 30, 2020
to be honest guys there is no option to move from where they are and can only change the angle of toe so looks like its a problem i will have to adjust to. not pointing directly at my listening position is helping a bit so will see how it sounds over the next week.

andybebbs

Apr 30, 2020
not too sure why he would be worried about going he's got a subwoofer stuffed in th ere to..... :)
no problem with the sub and its working fine where i have it the tops being harsh is my problem and maybe that`s just these speakers and not there position. ;)

insider9

Sep 20, 2016
I think it is the speakers but let's try to do the most. Things to try. Left speaker try moving it so that it doesn't fire at a TV stand, move it forward a little. That should improve imaging.

In regards to toe in if you can't do too much try tilting the speakers so that they fire at an upwards angle. If you're using spikes that's easily done.

Also I'm noticing that your room might contribute here more than usual. As an experiment get a thick blanket or a duvet and put it on the floor. Have a listen. If things improve and usually they do get yourself a rug. Key here is not the size but make sure that the reflection points are covered.

I guess you won't be able to do much with the right speaker due to living arrangements but you can tilt it also. Let us know how you get on.

andybebbs

Apr 30, 2020
Insider thanks for help i have just had very thick carpet laid last week so that will help. here is a rough sketch of room speakers are about 10ft apart. i used to have them pointing at sitting position now moved slightly forward meeting about 2 to 3ft in front of listening position. sounds a bit better than straight at me.20210504_150627.jpg

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts