Amp suggestion for B&W 606 s2 anniversary edition

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Dan Needs Help

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
From one noob to another... Stretch the budget for anything with room correction (NAD, Lyngdorf, whatever). Then you can go down the upgraditis and cable switching rabbit hole with all the fine folks 'round here.

I just got the 606s based on a quick demo against the comparable KEFs and Dalis, and an in-home test against the Wharfdales. Even before properly warming them up, and a half-baked attempt at that, Dirac Live (just the limited version for now) made a huge difference. Boosted the lows and smoothed out a bit of the brightness. After that, the clarity in the 606s put them miles ahead.

Turning on the full features this week, or as soon as I have time to break out the tape measure and do it properly. Excited to see what it can really do.

manicm

From one noob to another... Stretch the budget for anything with room correction (NAD, Lyngdorf, whatever). Then you can go down the upgraditis and cable switching rabbit hole with all the fine folks 'round here.

I just got the 606s based on a quick demo against the comparable KEFs and Dalis, and an in-home test against the Wharfdales. Even before properly warming them up, and a half-baked attempt at that, Dirac Live (just the limited version for now) made a huge difference. Boosted the lows and smoothed out a bit of the brightness. After that, the clarity in the 606s put them miles ahead.

Turning on the full features this week, or as soon as I have time to break out the tape measure and do it properly. Excited to see what it can really do.

Which amp are you using?

Dan Needs Help

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
The M10. I didn't have the ability to really demo a wide range as covid is running rampant in my city, but I was able to have a short private session in a shop after it closed with a few amp/speaker combos, and then the at-home with the finalists. Took the easy way out on this one, but very pleased with the results so far.

Reactions: manicm

MartinEvoke50

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
I'm planning to buy a pair of B&W 606 s2 anniversary edition speakers. I'm looking for an amp suggestion for those speakers. My budget is 1000 GBP.
I have thought about Rega Elex R and Cambridge Audio CXA81. both got very good review but Rega got no digital input and CA got no Phono input. Any other choice for those speakers where I can connect a Turntable and play music from my iPhone/ Mac? Or should I buy something with airplay (What??) with the Rela Elex R?
Thanks in advance.
Peace.
YAMAHA AS701

gasolin

Im now using a 200 euro class d am,p with 2x226 watt in 8 ohm and it good, it's that kind of clean power you would want whit 84 db spaker rated to be abale to handle unclipped 100 watt pr channel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts