Speakers for Marantz PM7200KI SIG

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
A mate of mine has a Marantz PM7200KI Sig amp and he is on about upgrading his standmount speakers. His room is about 11ft square and the speakers sit about 9-12ins from the back and side walls. He listens to 70s rock, blues rock, jazz rock etc and does like to turn the volume up. I reckon his budget could be up to £400.
The only problem is he only uses the amp in Class A at 25 watts so we need something that is easy to drive. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should advise him to demo.

A

Anonymous

I suggest Mordaunt Short 916i as they are a good match for marantz amplifier and easy to drive.

For standmount spk I suggest mezzo 2.

T

the record spot

Ah, pity! He's passing up on some good options, still....the usual suspects up that price.

If he can stretch the budget a bit and maybe find some on a deal, Leema Xeros, typically £650. Great speaker. MS Mezzo 2s, Dali Lektor 2s, AVI Neutron IVs....etc etc.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:Ah, pity! He's passing up on some good options, still....the usual suspects up that price. If he can stretch the budget a bit and maybe find some on a deal, Leema Xeros, typically £650. Great speaker. MS Mezzo 2s, Dali Lektor 2s, AVI Neutron IVs....etc etc.

Are the Mezzo 2s easy to drive, my mate likes to give them a bit of welly and when I borrowed his amp Andrew Everard advised me not use in Class A with my 684s if I was going to crank the volume up

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts