Question Speakers for Marantz PM-10 (your recommendations)

isutrix

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
Hello!
Can anybody please help with this question?
My father recently purchased Marantz PM-10 and is looking for speaker recommendations (speakers that would pair nicely with the PM-10).
  • He plans to use them in 15m2 room with soundproofing on the walls/ceiling;
  • He usually listens to acoustic music, rock and jazz;
  • The budget is around 10000$ ;
  • Previously he had a pair of Dynaudio Confidence C2 .
Thank you!

Oldfart

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
Hello!
My father recently purchased Marantz PM-10 and is looking for speaker recommendations (speakers that would pair nicely with the PM-10).
Thank you!
As Nopiano says, a huge and very diverse choice. I bought my Epicon 6 s unheard due lockdown, based on experience of lesser DALIs, but his advice much safer. If your dad liked Dynaudio, the new Contour 60s allegedly have outstanding bass and new soft dome tweeters. Sticking with Denmark and superb build quality, Audiovector SR3 arrete with an excellent ribbon tweeter ( what hifi liked them a lot) or from personal experience ( and bias) the Epicons are well worth a listen and partner very well with a Japanese amp, although the PM 10 is class D which might have a slightly different presentation. Thats a few that are hand made in Denmark and no doubt the British fans will have plenty of quality suggestions.

isutrix

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
Thank you very much for the recommendations! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond.
I will send all your recommendations to my father.

Any other recommendations for a lower budget? Let's say, around 5000$.

With that budget and amplifier almost anything is feasible. But it’s like asking us to choose his wallpaper. He needs to listen, even if it means awaiting lockdown to end.

Sadly, here in Russia (Saint P specifically) the situation with stores is a bit rough, some of them have closed and the options are limited. Nonetheless, I will encourage my father to listen to more speakers if there is an opportunity.

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site
Any other recommendations for a lower budget? Let's say, around 5000$.
I've wanted too to own Q Acoustics Concept 500:

And recalling a recent Thread on it:

Oldfart

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
Dobrae Utro, if my memory is correct! Never been to St. Petersburg, but looked good from the air as flew over many times en route to Japan and Korea. It took about 8 hours @900kph (570mph) to cross your vast country and exit near Khabarovsk. Good luck with he search for speakers. Dasvidaniya!

isutrix

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
Thanks again for recommendations, my father sends his regards ;)
If there are any other speakers to look out for in 5000-10000$ range, please let me know!

Dobrae Utro, if my memory is correct! Never been to St. Petersburg, but looked good from the air as flew over many times en route to Japan and Korea. It took about 8 hours @900kph (570mph) to cross your vast country and exit near Khabarovsk. Good luck with he search for speakers. Dasvidaniya!
Yup, dobroe utro and do svidaniya :) The city is certainly beautiful, especially in summer, but I would rather be in Japan if I am being honest :persevere:

MartinEvoke50

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
Hello!
Thank you!
Dynaudio Heritage
Bowers & Wilkins 804D3
Bowers & Wilkins 805D3
Focal Kanta 2
Dali Epicon 6
Paradigm Persona 3F

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts