Speakers for genres

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I listen to stuff like Dragonforce, Iron maiden, Kiss, Metallica, also classical music movie soundtracks.

I'm pleased with the sound from a pair of Wharfdale 9.1's combined with a Subwoofer.

My question is: Would the B&W 685's be a good/worthwhile/suitable upgrade from these.

Thanks for advise as i can't get to demo them and would have to order online, cheers
emotion-22.gif
& merry X-mas to everyone

A

Anonymous

Well if you are looking to spend less than the mentioned speakers, the BR2's would be ideal for the music you are listening to and are so much more suited for the type of music you like rather then the 9.1's.

A

Anonymous

I just read the brochure. The upper frequency range was 30kHz, the wharfedales are 24kHz.

Is this higher range what provides a clearer/crisper sound, or am i mistaken in thinking this.

The lower frequency range 80Hz and below are covered by the sub.The MA BR2 seem just the ticket, especially at that price.

Could anyone suggest maybe as a percentage how much better these would sound compared to my current 9.1's.

Gracias.

A

Anonymous

Much deeper bass, ,much punchier than the wharfe's, greater attack, much more dynamic basically all the qualities you need in your type of music. They are without doubt better speakers and i think that's a better way of explaining it than percentages
emotion-2.gif

matthewpiano

I love my Wharfedale 9.1s but my very recent upgrade to BR2s has absolutely MADE my system. They are fantastic speakers across all genres and, IMO, better than the 685s. Just listening to Neil Young now and really enjoying the clarity, punch and musicality. The BR2s are SIGNIFICANTLY better than the Wharfedales.

A

Anonymous

Thankyou for your comments. These go Top of my x-mas wishlist now.

Clarity-check

Punch-check

Musical-check

Significantly better than 9.1's-check

Everything i'm looking for in a new pair of speakers!

TRENDING THREADS