Speaker Upgrade

AndyWright

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Well its coming up to Christmas (slowly) and the upgrade bug has struck again in the Wright household.

I am thinking of upgarding my dinky Jamo A102 HCS 5 5.1s to something more substantial. I am after a bigger more roomfilling sound but the problem is I don't have the room for massive speaker as they are all goin to be wall mounted.

I am happy with my Sony STR DH800 AV receiver as I think better speakers will make all the difference and my source will stay the Sony PS3 as I am generally happy with all the features it provides.

Finally its the all important question of budget...well lets put it this way my OH will kill me if I spend more than £1000 on speakers so that the top end budget wise.

Any suggestions and/or advise will be welcome. Thanks guys

A

Anonymous

Monitor Audio BX2 AV system would be a good option for £500-600 if you dont need a subwoofer

A

Anonymous

Dont think the BX2 would fit on a wall that great,

I have the RX1 and they are too big for the rear wall, and would look silly, also they are rear ported and am sure the BX2 are as well.

Kefs for me, monitor audio HD range, or the apex if you can push, but the amp would not do the apex any justice. so for me it would be the Monitor audio HD range, with the view of upgrading the amp at a future date.

AndyWright

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am liking the look of the Monitor Audio R90 HD10 but they are a bit above my budget, (money is tight) as are the other suggestions the Kefs, any more budget friendly options?

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy

you could just about squeeze a MK system in there

3 x M5`s & a pair of M4T tripole surrounds

should sound really nice

TRENDING THREADS