SPEAKER UPGRADE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Last November I upgraded my system to Meridian G08 CD, G01 Pre-amp and G57 Power Amp (200W). Roksan Xerxes turntable. I did not change my speakers which are Heybrook Sextets (bought in 1992). I also have Townshend super tweeters. I am considering changing the speakers and would welcome suggestions for improving bass definition and depth. Musical taste is classical.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If the speakers are still working properly, and it sounds like they are, I'd suggest some subwoofage is in order as the most cost-effective upgrade. Midrange MJ Acoustics or REL models would be a good start.

A

Anonymous

Andrew, Many thanks.

I had not thought of that. Would I need a sub-woofer per speaker? And what would you suggest if I decided to replace the speakers? My son is keen to get his hands on the Sextets to replace the aging Rogers LS35As he acquired from me before I bought the Sextets!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
or buy a room correction unit. The Bass should be plenty enough with your system (your speakers have a cult followers BTW) so you might odd lump or two in your room.

A

Anonymous

Yes they sell well on e-Bay....as I have told my son!!

TRENDING THREADS