speaker upgrade troubles. can any one help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
system:

Sony KDL-40w2000 LCD TV, Denon 1930 DVD player, sky HD, Yamaha RX-v2600 receiver, ps3, xbox360, wii , mordaunt short premier speakers and sub.

problem:

I am looking to update my speakers package my budget is £1000 for the speakers and £200 for the speaker cables. should i take the bi wire route as i know my receiver could run them, is there much benefit running bi wired speakers. Ive just started to look round and i fancied the Linn komponent 5.1 speaker package, and it has had a recent price cut to £999 complete with all stands and wall brackets (brand new not ex display) which i thought was a really good deal. can anyone help please, Phil

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We tested a Linn Komponent package and it got four stars at £3250, so should be a good buy at £999. Others we'd suggest at this price would include the Epos ELS3 5.1, the Quad L-ite and the B&W MT-20

A

Anonymous

thanks for your reply, i will check the other speakers out, what cable would you recommend. would my movies and games sound better going the bi wire route.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Personally, Chord Carnival Silver Plus, with the biwire version on the front three channels if the speakers allow. Corporately, QED Silver Anniversary, with biwire ditto.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts