speaker system in a dedicated cinema room?help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks need some advice...

Building a dedicated cinema room,5.5mx3.5m. Currently have a onkyo 875 and a mish mass of 5.1 speakers,the fronts being mission elegante e82s which i dont really want to replace as i think they sound brill for music partnered with my cyrus 8 amp/cdplayer.

Roughly 5k to spend all in,2.5k for projector and screen so got 2.5k left.

SO...a new 5.1set up for 2.5k or do i get a new amp and cheaper speaker set up? i can do this with the onk as i am setting up a small 5.1 in the ''nice''sitting room and could use that in there.

Dali ikon 5.1 overkill for room size? Would the b&w 685 be a better option? Is there a system that anybody thinks would match the e82s so i could integrate them as my front speakers?

The e82 theater system is discontinued so cant add the partnered rears,center and sub.

Really need some thoughts folks,dont want to waste me money. Thanks

A

Anonymous

There is a lot out there to choose from, audition as many as you can...............

A

Anonymous

EDITED BY MODS AND USER BANNED for repeated House Rules infringement

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi with your budget i would try and get the matching centre, as you love your fronts so much.a certain auction site has one on at the moment as new, never used but it's collection only.As for rears not quite as important so older or newer range of missions would work fine.For sub you could go for a RSW-12 they seem to be very popular and should offer you everything you need for your size room.Alternatively give Mission a ring and ask what would work with your fronts, they might even have some for sale or know of any stock.Your amp should be fine to drive these, and your money then saved would go towards getting the best projector and screen you could afford.As for a new system i don't think that the Dali Ikon's would be overkill and again your amp would work fine with those.I would seriously try to improve your current system rather than buying a new one, but if you do make sure you audition with your Onkyo 875 first, if you don't want to waste money forking out for a new amp.

A

Anonymous

thanks for your thoughts,will keep the 875 and go for a new speaker system i think. do really like the reviews and the looks of both the dali and the b&w. ta

A

Anonymous

Evening thermopyle

have you ever heard any of the MKsound speaker packages?

Might be worth considering, very small and would work well with your current 875.

Monitor Audio's new Apex range look quite nice too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts