Speaker Isolation

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

I am about to get some new speakers (Esoteric mg-20 floorstanders) but they do not come with any spikes. So apart from spikes can anyone recommend a platform to stand them on as my floor is not the most even surface.

Thanks

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
A Concrete paving slab or granite chopping board from Argos. You can level and secure the slab using bits of beer mat or something similar if necessary.

And blobs of blutac between speaker and slab

Olli1324

May 28, 2008
Visit site
I use granite chopping boards for wilkinsons (I think 17 quid for 2 or so?) which are a good size. I then have my spikes sitting on that.

Something to level out the granite on the floor (like beer mats as previously suggested, or anything, really, in your case would be a good idea.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Granite slabs with small blobs of blu tac or equivalent plus some isolation cones under the slabs or just use isolation cones under the speaker itself.

Nice amp by the way what amp are you using to drive them.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
shooter69:Granite slabs with small blobs of blu tac or equivalent plus some isolation cones under the slabs or just use isolation cones under the speaker itself.

Nice amp by the way what amp are you using to drive them.

Nice speakers by the way............

A

Anonymous

I bought an LFD Silver Signature. I recently heard 50 grands worth of Linn with Wilson Benech ACT 60 speakers and the LFD / Esoteric set up not only held it's own but it some ways bettered the afore mentioned but at 12% of the cost. I also listed to Harbeth Super HL5 with the LFD but it was far too laid back for me.

A

Anonymous

Granite paving blocks from B&Q, or if you cannot get any, then granite chopping board for about a tenner. Makes a big difference if you are using them on floorboards, but not as much as if you have a concrete floor in the house under them.

A

Anonymous

potboyslim:Granite paving blocks from B&Q, or if you cannot get any, then granite chopping board for about a tenner. Makes a big difference if you are using them on floorboards, but not as much as if you have a concrete floor in the house under them.

Ha Ha Ha. Buying paving from B&Q is like buying hifi from Comet.

A

Anonymous

I would have thought with a system as good as yours, you would have gone to a decent quarry/stone masons to get some bespoke polished granite.

A

Anonymous

I did for the lounge, as it has to fit in with the decor. But for the bedroom, white granite from B&Q at £3.50 a pop, is good enough. The ones for the lounge were cut to size, of 3/4 in thick granite, a special fleck design, then bezeled edges, and polished all around.

Just gets expensive, so couldn't cough up the £50 again for the bedroom.

TRENDING THREADS