speaker cable for Arcam solo mini + muso speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new here but have been reading up and guess its time to call on your knowledge.

I have recently moved home and on my wish list was a new all in one system. I needed an all in on due to space limitations and the other half didn't want a large system and speakers.

So I read all the reviews on here and settled for the Arcam solo mini and as space was an issue settled for the matching muso speakers as the size of these were ideal. Also got the Arcam IR ipod dock which I mainly use to listen to music although I have began streaming on-line music through an Apple laptop via the 3.5mm jack to jack link to the Arcam.

At present the speaker cables I'm using are the supplied Atlas Element 2.0. I have the speakers located on MDF alcove unit sitting at ear height and the speakers are about 1 meter apart and are about 15cm away from the wall. The sysytem is located in the corner of the room due to space and to keep the balance of not intruding in the room (to keep the wife happy).

Anyway the sound of the Arcam I'm very pleased with its open, the clarity of the sound is good. Were it is let down I think there should be some more punch to the mid range and the treble is sometimes harsh on some songs and could do with some more rounded bass at lower listening levels.

I have played with the bass and treble setting and have moved the speaker within the limitations of the space.

The room is 19ft x 12ft with oak floor, large rug, and a large 2 piece material sofa.

My music tastes are quite varied. I like allot of soul, r&b, folk music and current dance and chart music.

I have read the reviews and think I have settled on the Chord Carnival Silverscreen. The question is am I going to see a great improvement over the sound quality and will it fix my mid range, treble and bass requests. As always as I think I have made up my mind then the mine field opens up and you read other reviews of other products and the search starts again.

As I only really need 2 lengths of 1-1.5 metres I should be able to increase the budget on the speaker cable.

Sometimes I think I should have stayed with my 15 year old Technics midi-system!!!

So hit me with you thoughts and experiences.

Thanks,

Destined to be happy in Hi-FI

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the forums
emotion-5.gif

IMO you'll not go far wrong with the Chord Carnival Silverscreen speaker cable. It has a superb soundstage that'll dig all the bass out for you but at the same time it'll provide you with smooth, detailed midrange and crisp, clear highs
emotion-1.gif

You could also consider the likes of the QED Revelation which is also a superb cable but that would be an upgrade step as would the likes of the Chord Rumour or the Chord Oddyssey

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for that. Thought that would be the case about the cables, just needed to make sure as I know some cables wont match the system and make the sound brighter which would may not be suitable for my ears.

Will give them a try. I have heard good things about Futureshop on line so will get my credit card out again. This hi-fi stuff is getting expensive and addictive, just got to keep the spending a secret from the wife.

Well they buy shoes, bags and cushions etc we buy nice shiny electronics!!!

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I had a play around with the setup last night to see what improvements I could make. I used some rubber o rings and placed them on the isolation mat that came with the Muso speakers then the speakers on top. I felt that the isolation mat wasn't suffiecent in isolating the speakers from the wooden (MDF) fibreboard so added the extra o rings. Before it sounded if the MDF was sucking up some of the sound.

These little o rings made a world of difference. It opened up the music and the low end bass and punch was allot better. I was even able to turn the bass settings up allot more as previously without the o rings the bass was just messy and had to be set at a lower level on the settings which made the mid range and treble a bit bright. Now the bass sounds rounded solid and the mid a treble have also been corrected.

I have ordered from fleabay some proper Atacama isolation pads so they should improve things further so maybe be able to try them out this weekend.

Allot more happy with the sound now and may not need to upgrade to speaker cable, well maybe I will!!

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts