Speaker cable Biwire for Arcam setup and to fit under the carpet

Gti Jazz Blue

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Good Afternoon All,

I'm looking for recomendations for a BiWire speaker cable that I can lay round the edge of the lounge under the carpet.

System is an Arcam CD8 8R and 8P running a pair of Kef Q15 speakers. Very mixed range of music from Rock through Dance, Electronic to Classical.

Cable will have to run under the carpet between the underlay and gripper rod to keep the Mrs happy.

Budget £100 - £200 and I will need two 5 metre lengths

Thanks,

Paul.

Gti Jazz Blue

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
OK so I have looked at possible locations in the lounge with my wife and we are looking at one right next to my rack and one 5.5 metres away.

Do I need to keep matched cable lengths ?

I am looking at one run of 5.5M and the other only needs to be about 2M, do I get 2 * 5.5M runs and have a loop of it under the equipment rack ?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Paul

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Gti Jazz Blue:
OK so I have looked at possible locations in the lounge with my wife and we are looking at one right next to my rack and one 5.5 metres away.

Do I need to keep matched cable lengths ?

I am looking at one run of 5.5M and the other only needs to be about 2M, do I get 2 * 5.5M runs and have a loop of it under the equipment rack ?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Paul

You will be fine with unequal lengths. I read recently that someone with amazing hearing might be able to notice a difference if you had one at 15m away and one at 2m away but even then it would not be audible to many.

John Duncan

You're right that audibly there should be little or no difference, but electrically there could be - the slightly differing resistances offered could fool the amp into thinking there's a problem and cut in its protection circuits. I'd try to keep the lengths as close as possible.

Furthermore, I've learned from experience that if you ever want to move stuff around, you'll find one of your cables is too short........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts