Speaker Cable advice please

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Wanting to replace supplied cable on my LG HT953 surround system , Have replaced rear supplied cable (under wooden floor) with Richer sounds Audi Ultra- micro 200MM but looking for something better for fronts and centre - 6 metre should do all 3.

I had a metre length of QED Revelation but it's really too big and doesn't have a very good fit into the spring clips so need cable thats quite thin. Would QED Silver Anniversary XT, Chord Carnival be suitable? don't want to buy something that's won't fit and most of pictures on web show cable with banana plugs as opposed to unterminated to get an idea of thickness. Price range £13 a metre or less .

Thanks

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Ta but Carnival Silver Screen outer dimension 10mm isn't any thinner than revelation 2 x 5mm tho suppose it may have thicker sleeve the speaker terminals are not very big at all .

A

Anonymous

You buy Chord cable unterminated, plugs/spades are extra. The Carnival bare wire should fit in the clips, if not you could get some pins like this:

pins.jpg

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Van Damme blue 1.5mm would be perfect. See vdctrading.co.uk. I use it in my bedroom setup and it's very well made cable for not much money. If the studios use Van Damme stuff, it can't be bad, can it? Alternatively QED micro is also recommended.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Yes but would you really recommend spending £5-6 pm on an all-in-one surround system? Surely the law of diminishing returns applies here and an upgrade of a couple of quid per metre would be more than enough IMO.

A

Anonymous

IMO the extra £10 or so to get SS will be a worthwhile purchase in his system over the QED Micro.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
D4v3pum4 - Well it is a WHF 5* All in one, and I am viewing this upgrade/exercise as job done (for a long while anyway hence my quoted price bracket) - Builders have finished Wife has got kitchen and I got at my Plasma / Sound system (It's all in one because wife didn't like look of separates in our budget , fact she asked if it meant my Spendors & Naim could go ..Argh!!!) but primarily music is number one but want reasonable good quality audio for movie watching.

Octopo - Will check SS but if it needs pins I suppose I could just go Revelation got enuf for 1 speaker anyway.
emotion-1.gif

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
d4v3pum4:No offence intended kena. I still maintain you won't get a better quality cable that VDC for the money.

None taken d4v , just wanted to clarify my position your suggestion looks perfectly reasonable not one Google had came up with when searching tho probably wasn't in my price range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts