admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ive just purchased the panny bd-35 ive set it up to output bitstream but ive no idea how to get the latest sounds from my amp ie dts m-a ect ect can any-one help me??. i have the onkyo 605 amp i think this is were the problem lies as it shows on the wee screen pcm?? and only outputs DD???

A

Anonymous

turned it off and on then put the dvd player to output pcm with it off and on still no joy??

i think ive changed something on the amp ??not sure what ??but thanks for the help

A

Anonymous

You need to adjust audio output options in your Panasonic Blu-ray player's set-up options. Set it to Bitstream audio output, not PCM, and you'll be sorted.

A

Anonymous

thanks andy did what you said but still no joy ??? then i reset the amp to factory settings and still no joy ??will just have to try different setting on my amp and see what happens.

thanks for the help

A

Anonymous

I have the same set up as yours. If you look up an old thread of mine, you will have the answer.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Had same problem with my player. Audio to bitstream and secondary audio off. Thenyou have to go to HDMI settings and manually change to 1080p or 720p (depending on your TV). Sometimes the "auto" setting on this player "sees" the reciever as a non HD device and changes its output in auto to SD. That should sort it

A

Anonymous

well i have done what you said but still no joy is there some thing im missing??? could it be the amp settings or the hdmi cable ?? im kinda lost now (lol) whatever happened to plug and play?? anyway thanks for the info will just keep trying

A

Anonymous

the new j-bond film.cable is v1.3. im still thinking ive not set the amp up proper??? what settings should be set to auto???
when playing bond movie on the amp screen it shows
D-D,pcm on the neo 6 setting???? ive also updated the b-ray player with ver 1.4.

thanks for taking the time out cheers (andy)

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Wizard,

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but sometimes you have to go into audio settings (or another submenu) on the Blu Ray and manually choose HD audio. Just a thought.

As for specific Onkyo settings, unfortunately i do not know, however on my Denon went into input menu for HDMI 1 and set everything to "auto"

A

Anonymous

On a similar vein,I was considering buying a Pioneer BDP-51 player, but have a Pioneer VSX-AX3 Amplifier (hence no HDMI) so will have to connect multi-channel 7.1 analogue (pcm output) Is there ever likely to be an upgrade on any of these players to play DTS-HD Master Audio or Dolby True HD through this source, or will we all eventually have to replace good quality amplifiers. This no doublt effects a large number of us who for whatever reason just can't keep shelling out £600 for a replacement.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Modern players can also do the decoding onboard and output via multichannel analogue out so there is no need to buy a new reciever.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that, what would be displayed in the window of the amp ?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Before I got my BR Player I used my PS3 which decodes everything onboard and outputs as PCM. The amp displays Multi Channel In (Denon not sure about rest but should be similar)

A

Anonymous

Thanks True Blue, Was it a noticeable improvement from Dolby Digital or DTS from standard DVD's ?

Toshiba 37XV553 1080p TV. Pioneer ASX-VX3 Amp.Mordaunt Short Premiere Plus 6.1 speakers.Sky+.Toshiba SD350 DVD player.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
I am a firm believer that the audio aspect of blu ray far outstrips the visual step up.

Watched Batman Dark Knight in True HD and was blown away "literally" by the clarity and detail that was being reproduced. Must admit now to becoming a bit of a snob and only watching stuff with either True HD or DTS HD. Wall E is another cracker for sound as is Cloverfield.

A

Anonymous

I take it that you use HDMI from BD Player to TV,and multi-channel to amp for sound, Shep

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
No I have got a newer amp so I go straight HDMI to reciever.

Ahh, sorry, re-read and think I get you now. As far as I am aware, yes that is the way to do it (I have never had to though) maybe someone out there has and can clarify??

A

Anonymous

hi:
not at the mo ??still trying though:going to change my hdmi cable see if it helps??

thanks true blue for the interest

A

Anonymous

well changed my hdmi cable and now i cant even get a picture?lol
think i will go back to the crt+vhs combo?lol

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Where did you get player? If it was a shop take it back and ask them to test it. Preferably through an onkyo amp and then you could copy all of the settings

A

Anonymous

got it from amazon 2/04/09 ? going to spend a few hours tomorrow going through all the settings again see how i get on?. i know the player outputs hdma but im wanting the amp to do all the processing thats why i got it?hope i can report that all is well at this end tomorrow

cheers

TRENDING THREADS