Soundcloud reduces audio quality.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I had tried to start this thread in "Off Topic" and it wouldn't work so lets see how far I get this time.

I uploaded the EP of my band The Air Turned To Acid to soundclouds. I did them as WAVs but when playing them back the quality was not as good. They still sounded great but had a feel on MP3 about them in some parts of the sound stage.

I guess it has to be reduced for streaming perpouses? It's alittle annoying though. If any one is interested. I mixed the EP and if you want to hear my work I will post a link. I would add one here but the thread wont work.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
https://soundcloud.com/the-air-turned-to-acid
Edit: Well kind of. Once I'd got through word verification. *unknw* AND yet again.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
jaxwired said:
Upload your stuff to bandcamp.com. They support all formats including FLAC and ALAC. Highly recommend...

Yeah I think we will be setting up a bandcamp prfile at some point. As Dave75 said though, if soundcloud have to compress the audio for streaming then surely it will be the same on any site. I just want to know if the tracks are downloaded. Will they be WAVs one received by the person downloading?

FLAC is a form of lossless compression right? So if they are uploaded as FLAC will they be able to uncompress them the other end like zip files?

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
luckylion100 said:
really enjoying the tracks. Brought back memories of a melodic Will Haven. Absolutely loved your track Unstable, pure genius, keep it up!

Hey there how you doing?

Ah so after I snuck in that my band The Air Turned To Acid has a new EP/Demo you went and listened to my Glacialpath stuff lol.

That's great. Glad you like Unstable, I like the way it drives along. Thanks for the compliments. I really do need to do some proper recordings of those demos.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
and will return for more! Actually think I prefer your Glacialpath solo stuff but that could simply be down to that lazy, early Sunday morning feeling kicking in! Convert from demo status and I'd buy!

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Ah you're too kind. Well I'm happy with you lazy Sunday morning thoughts lol.

I won't tell my band that even though I was trying to push out EP my stuff was prefered.....well I might hehe.

I do have a couple of albums worth of material. Need to be in a better money situation before I can really get my tracks done properly but if you persuade me enough I might get my butt in gear and get to it.

Check out my Facebook page for Glacialpath if you haven't and leave some thoughts comments and maybe start a patition to get me off my lazy back side and finish the tunes. Spread the word as I really want to get them done.

Check out the TATTA FB page too, we have a gig coming up in September in High Wycombe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts