Soundbase choice

nevenmiskulin

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello!

I am searching for a soundbase to put under my 55'' Sony. The best by What hi fi standards is Geneva model cinema but it it too expensive for me. So, I want something cheaper. I had my eye on Canton DM75, Cambridge TV5 or Yamaha SRT1000.

Your suggestions

Neven

nevenmiskulin

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Bose Solo 15. You need to listen to one, as indeed is the case with all hi-fi. Avoid Canton as this forum is filled with reliability problems from their soundbases.

Thank you. I am aware of problems Canton units have but I still think that Bose has inferior sound quality. Maybe I'll look into Cambridge TV5, I think is best buy choice. My original plan was to buy Sonos Playbar since I have Play 3 for music, but it can not be placed to easily as a soundbase and it's pricey. And, the sub is another 700 euro. Ouch!

Neven

nevenmiskulin

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
bigboss said:
You can convert the Sonos Playbar into a soundbase with this.

You may find that the subwoofer won't even be needed with the Playbar. Demo and see what you think. There are discounts over RRP to be had.

I've seen it. 99 pounds for a piece of wood. No thanks. I've heard playbar w/o the sub. It's good but as reviews say, I think there are products that are bigger bang for a buck. Still, I absolutely love Sonos simplicity and user friendly approach.

BTW; Yamaha SRT 1000 seems good, but my space is open and there are very few wall surfaces for sound beaming.

Neven

nevenmiskulin

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
nevenmiskulin said:
bigboss said:
You can convert the Sonos Playbar into a soundbase with this.

You may find that the subwoofer won't even be needed with the Playbar. Demo and see what you think. There are discounts over RRP to be had.

I've seen it. 99 pounds for a piece of wood. No thanks. I've heard playbar w/o the sub. It's good but as reviews say, I think there are products that are bigger bang for a buck. Still, I absolutely love Sonos simplicity and user friendly approach.

BTW; Yamaha SRT 1000 seems good, but my space is open and there are very few wall surfaces for sound beaming.

Neven

Guys,

sony ht-xt3

what do you think?

just dawned me it could be an ideal choice

Shane-Barker

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I love my Sony HT-XT3 its so much better then the Sony HT-XT2

I would recommend the Sony HT-XT3 its stunning for movies and music and its 4K pass-through for 4K content , i am waiting for the What Hi-Fi review

nevenmiskulin

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Shane-Barker said:
I love my Sony HT-XT3 its so much better then the Sony HT-XT2

I would recommend the Sony HT-XT3 its stunning for movies and music and its 4K pass-through for 4K content , i am waiting for the What Hi-Fi review

Nice, tell me more. If you have any samples with test sound (TV speakers on/off) I would appreciate it. Or any written experiences whena wathing TV, movies or such. Also, is the soundbase made of MDF or alluminium? I have Sony 55 W805B and the sound is terrible. I own a Sonos Play 3 and would like to add a Playbar but the lack of audio decoding is driving me toward other solution. Lately, I have noticed HT-XT3.

Kind regards

Neven

Shane-Barker

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I would defo do your research into buying the Sony HT-XT3 , the Sony HT-XT2 got a good review from What Hi-Fi .

Its alot bigger then the XT2 and better build and its damm heavy , nice bass bunch for action films and sounds amazing in my view and it has quite a few input and output terminals which is a bonus , not really a down side for me so i am very happy . My Sony KDL-42W706B sits very nice on top , you can fit up to a 65 T.V

nevenmiskulin

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Shane-Barker said:
I would defo do your research into buying the Sony HT-XT3 , the Sony HT-XT2 got a good review from What Hi-Fi .

Its alot bigger then the XT2 and better build and its damm heavy , nice bass bunch for action films and sounds amazing in my view and it has quite a few input and output terminals which is a bonus , not really a down side for me so i am very happy . My Sony KDL-42W706B sits very nice on top , you can fit up to a 65 T.V

You mean XT1? I've red it, not full stars, and I tend to filter out only the best one :) Either way, I think XT3 will be the one to buy.

Is the dialogue clear in TV and movies and not overpowered with other sounds? Very often I must have my subtitles turned on, when listening in lower volume.

Thank you

Neven

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts