Soundbars

Dan.m

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
Is there such a thing as a 3.1 soundbar. I simply want to improve the sound of my TV. I have considered just connecting my hifi speaker (2 channel), but wondered can you get a soundbar with left, right and centre with the option of a sub to hide behind the TV. As some soundbars don't give true surround sound for obvious reasons, this seams a senible option? Or do I get a 'surround' sound bar e.g. marantz, denon or yamaha. What do to recommend for a panasonic 37 inch plasma.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
There are several left/centre/right speakers with three sets of drivers, for example from Audica and in Monitor Audio's updated Radius range. But these need to be used with a conventional AV receiver, having no built-in amps.

I'd suggest an all-in-one soundbar, such as one of the recently reduced Yamaha Sound Projectors.

Oh and behind the TV is just about the worst place to put a subwoofer.

A

Anonymous

Why not try out what you have first. (i.e through your stereo) Perhaps ad a sub if still not satisfied. Even with prices dropping it's a lot to splash out if you don't need to.

Most sound-bars seem to be psudo surround of some sort.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Welsh By

Not sure if i have this right but the Q-AV Sound bar has had good reviews plus you can get the matching sub to go with this Also the bar is ajustable to th width of your TV, Hope this helps BTW I think What HiFi did a review on this.

Andy

TRENDING THREADS