Soundbar or 5-1 seperates if sub needs to stay in a cupboard

julianhay

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Should I go for a Soundbar or 5-1 seperates if sub needs to stay in a cupboard..?

ie Sonos (no sub needed), or 5-1 DOMES

Many thanks Julian

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi Julian,

I think you'll find Yamaha actually design a number of their soundbar's with the idea that the sub will fit on a shelf in the cupboard. Understand, this is not a good place to put it for maximum performance though.

julianhay

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
problem is the configuration of the room means only cupboards and floor + have 2 young kids that will use the sub as a playground ride!

farawaydave

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
You dont mention a budget.if you can stretch I went for the sonos playbar fantastic piece of kit.When i could afford it i added the sonos sub and wow!! Beauty about the sub is its so easy to set up that when not in use just keep it in the cupboard...Simples..

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
julianhay said:
problem is the configuration of the room means only cupboards and floor + have 2 young kids that will use the sub as a playground ride!

If you get a downward firing sub, that isn't a problem...Been there, seen it bought the T-shirt :)

Kids have been all over my BK XXLS 400 DF... It's built like a tank and they won't do it any damage... :)

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
fr0g said:
julianhay said:

If you get a downward firing sub, that isn't a problem...Been there, seen it bought the T-shirt :)

Kids have been all over my BK XXLS 400 DF... It's built like a tank and they won't do it any damage... :)

It could easily double as a coffee table or a seat - but in my house nobody is allowed to even touch it ! :)

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
julianhay said:

Try shouting (VERY LOUD ((WORKED FOR ME ))... NO !!! in the most sternest of voices whenever either go near it.... that should work.

Other than that, work on the parenting 'skills' (no offence intended mate).... get more mean, teach em both... right from wrong like :bounce:

AmigaNut

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
With my Wharfedale 9.1 & 9.0s I do not use a sub.

Set amp to say speakers are large and no sub, plenty umph bass for me.

Same goes for my Mission and Eltax set up in bedromm.

AmigaNut

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
AmigaNut said:
With my Wharfedale 9.1 & 9.0s I do not use a sub.

Set amp to say speakers are large and no sub, plenty umph bass for me.

Same goes for my Mission and Eltax set up in bedromm.

AmigaNut

That's fine if you aren't bothered about bass! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts