sony w5710 keeps switching picture on and off (like its blinking)

cmf

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi guys I need some help

here's my problem, got a new three week old sony 40w5710 lcd tv. Lately it has started doing this blinking thing cant seem to figure this out. it is almost as if the tv is in auto mode and is try to find another feed from another hdmi port.

any ideas

help me .

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, I suspect either it's failing (notice how I resisted the temptation to say 'on the blink') or it's an HDMI switching problem.

What else is connected to it, and what's the rest of the system?

cmf

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
hdmi 1 is connected to virgin v+ box

hdmi 2 connected to panasonic dvd surround sound system ( this was switch off )

oh the hdmi cables are from thatcable. could they be the problem ?

just rebooted everything and seems to be working. though this is now the third time in three weeks that i have had to reboot to get it to stop blinking. would really like to know how to stop it .

how can i check if this is the virgin v+ box at fault or the tv .

A

Anonymous

I have started experiencing a similar phenomenon with my Sony KDL40W5500 (same TV I believe). I have a sky hd box that goes through a Onkyo TX SR876. Its Sky that appears to exhibit the same "blinking" which it does on average once an evening often shortly after it has been switched on. It never repeats this again during an extended viewing session and never does so on the other sources DVD / Blu Ray that are also connected in the same way via hdmi. It didn't do this on my previous TV which I recently replaced with the Sony which leads me to believe that it is TV related rather than the HDMI switching in the A/V amp. There is however no particular pattern to this that would allow me to limit further likely sources of the problem.
I too would value any ideas anybody might have as to how to resolve this?

A

Anonymous

Having changed settings on all my connected equipment I've eventually stumbled over the problem. It appears to be related to the up scaling going on between all the items. Having now set my amplifier to "through" as opposed to "1080P" the occasional blinking appears to have stopped. Picture quality is still top notch and problem solved (for me at least).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts