Advice please on best picture and sound settings for Sony Bravia KDL-37S5500 tv ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Today I've just set up my new Sony Bravia KDL-37S500 tv and to be honest was slightly underwhelmed by the quality of the initial picture and sound I got.

I know very little about tv technicalities and even less about "tweaking" the settings for best results and should be very grateful if the more knowledgeable members of the forum could please help me out.

The picture seemed to improve significantly when I changed to Vivid Mode. The other settings I have on are Backlight - Max, Contrast - Max, Colour Tone - Cool and Noise Reduction - Low.

As regards sound I have it set to Dynamic but I'm unsure whether Surround should be Surround, Simulated Sterio or Off.It is set at Off for the moment.

Treble is set at +4, Bass +4 Balance 0, Dual Sound at Stereo, Auto Volume at On and Speaker at TV speaker.

My living room is quite small and the tv faces away from direct sunlight.

I watch tv via Virgin Media Cable with a V+ HD box which utilises a HDMI socket.

I have also installed my PS3 and Xbox 360 which utilise the other 2 HDMI sockets.

Advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance for help !!

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
The best thing for you to tune your TV color is to buy a TV color calibration DVD or blue ray Disk. Just search it in Amazon and you will find a few from different brand.

A

Anonymous

try using thx optimal settings found on some dvd/ blurays like finding nemo etc

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
My brother-in-law uses that vivid mode when his kids watch cartoons or cartoon movies... don't think you should be using it with the settings so high to watch anything else though ?

Contrast is waaay to high at max as is anything else.

Not having an LCD i would still turn contrast and brightness down a good bit though.

Try using a THX DVD and calibrate using that bud.
emotion-1.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hard to find settings so im taking all this from the manual. But your settings are all wrong

Select CINEMA MODE

You should use a setup disc (THX if you have one) to setup BACKLIGHT And BRIGHTNESS (both together for brightness) and CONTRAST. If brightness and backlight are too high then blacks become grey. Too low and you lose black detail. Contrast too low means whites arent as white as the could be, too high and youll lose white detail

Sharpness should be OFF

COLOUR set so it looks natural (Skin should look like skin, not beetroot)

Colour tone is hard to say without measuring, but itll be NEUTRAL or WARM (probably warm)

NOISE REDUCTION OFF

MPEG NOISE REDUCTION OFF

POWER SAVING STANDARD

if theres any other options your unsure about please ask

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts