Sony STR-DA2400ES Multi-Channels-Decoding

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Some months ago I have purchased Sony KDL40W4000 LCD TV and Onkyo DVSP406 DVD player connected using Ixos XHT458 HDMI cable, the upscaled picture is very good.

Two weeks ago purchased Sony STR-DA2400ES AV Receiver and Sony BDPS550 Blu-ray player connected also using Ixos XHT458 HMDI cables (Blu-ray player and DVD player both routed through the Receiver and then to the TV).

Set-up the Receiver using the supplied Microphone and the Receiver's Auto-Calibration after hooking -up to my old B&W 602 S2 as Fronts, CC6 S2 Centre and 601 S2 Rears (no Subwoofer)

After adjusting all the players and Receivers' set-up menus I have somehow managed (don,t know exactly what I did) to get the Multi-Channels-Decoding ( the Blue Light come on) to work and it sounds amazing.

Having just added a Tangent EVO E8 Active subwoofer connected using the RCA line in and Re-Calibrated the Receiver using the previous method, somehow I have Lost the Multi-Channels-Decoding.

I have going into the players and Receivers' Menus and trying all different settings but with no joy!

Am I missing something???

Anybody familiar with the above players and Receiver???

Please HELP!!!

A

Anonymous

Not to sure about the Sony Blu ray player. But this is how to reset your amp to its orginal settings

1 Press POWER to turn off the reciever.

2 While holding down the TONE MODE and 2CH/A. DIRECT, press Power to turn on the reciever

3 Release TONE MODE and 2CH/A.DIRECT and after few seconds

Clearing will appear on the display then cleared . You will then need to recalibrate the reciever.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for that. I have also spoken to Sony Centre on tottenham Court Road, London. They said the same, also they had the same problem with their own Receiver which is the STR-DA5400ES.They said the setting may have been knocked-off during some adjustments, they said it took them 3 days of resetting to correct it. (OMG 3 DAY!!!)

So last night i re-set the Receiver and re-calibrated it using the mic and Auto-Calibration, sure enough the Multi-Channel-Decoding did come back on.

One more thing i have found out is that when the Audio setting is set for outputing to both AMP & TV the Multi-Channel-Decoding will not come on, You have to reset the output to AMP only.

I am not sure if the whole resetting routine is necessay if the next time the M-C-D goes off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts